Samsung (< SEP2011) AnyConnect
Add to favorites
Rating: 3.4 (247) Cost: Free Downloads: 50,000 - 100,000
- Galaxy S model GT-I9000 and SC-02B, running 2.3.3
- Galaxy S II model GT-I9100 and SC-02C (pre 2.3.6 update)
- Galaxy Tab 7 running Android 2.3.3 (with the exception of the Sprint Galaxy Tab)
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 running Android 3.0 with the Samsung TouchWiz MR.
Android images must be official Samsung/carrier versions. "Incompatible with other application(s)..." indicates unsupported device.
Cisco AnyConnect provides reliable and easy-to-deploy encrypted network connectivity from Samsung Android devices by delivering persistent corporate access for users on the go. Whether providing access to business email, a virtual desktop session, or most other Android applications, AnyConnect enables business-critical application connectivity. Through the use of Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS), TCP-based applications and latency-sensitive traffic (such as voice over IP [VoIP]) are provided an optimized communication path to corporate resources.
LICENSING AND INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS:
AnyConnect for Android requires Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Boot image 8.0(4) or later.
For licensing questions and evaluation licenses, please contact ac-mobile-license-request (AT) cisco.com and include a copy of "show version" from your Cisco ASA. If you already have an Essentials or Premium ASA license, you may use the automated license request tool at:
The ASA requires an AnyConnect Mobile license (L-ASA-AC-M-55XX=), as well as either an AnyConnect Essentials (L-ASA-AC-E-55XX=) or AnyConnect Premium Clientless SSL VPN Edition (L-ASA-AC-SSL-YYYY=) license, where XX is the last two digits of your ASA model number and YYYY is the number of simultaneous users. AnyConnect Mobile and Essentials licenses are enabled per ASA, there is no per user charge for either of these licenses.
- Automatically adapts its tunneling to the most efficient method based on network constraints, using TLS and DTLS
- DTLS provides an optimized connection for TCP-based application access and latency-sensitive traffic, such as VoIP traffic
- IPsec/IKEv2 also availaaable
- Network roaming capability allows connectivity to resume seamlessly after IP address change, loss of connectivity, or device standby
- Wide range of authentication options
- Supports certificate deployment using AnyConnect integrated SCEP and the certificate import URI handler
- Policies can be configured locally, and automatically updated from the security gateway
- Access to internal IPv4/IPv6 network resources
- Administrator-controlled split / full tunneling network access policy
- Trusted Network Detection
- Localizes according to the device's language and region settings
If you are an end-user and have any issues or concerns, please contact your organization’s support department. If you are a System Administrator having difficulties configuring or utilizing the Application, please contact your designated support point of contact.
You can reach out to us to provide feedback, suggestions, or leave comments via Twitter by directing a tweet to the @AnyConnect account, visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/anyconnect, or e-mail us at ac-mobile-feedback (AT) cisco.com.
Scott - 2011-09-26
I installed this software and connected to my CISCO ASA's no time at all. Just ensure you have the proper licensing on your ASA and you should be good to go. While many people seem to leave negative reviews for this software, I have to believe they're either non-technical in nature, or simply do not understand what is needed to make this application work.
Chandan - 2011-10-07
Finally this s/w is working on my Samsung Galaxy GT-i9003. (Needs additional tun.ko and root s/w)
Elvar - 2011-10-03
Since my phone has a big Samsung stamp on the back I would assume that this would work, but sadly I get a -8 error which means my device is not supported.
Elia - 2011-09-25
Even if the app is "compatible", it doesn't work. The phone does not meet minimum requirements.
Michael - 2011-10-12
Wont open on samsung infuse. Still waiting for cisco. C'mon man.
TelArin - 2011-09-26
Company uses Cisco VPN with group/secret. Doesn't connect at all. just gives an error saying could not connect to server.
At our University, the Campus IT group uses a Cisco VPN setup that requires the Group/Secret combination. Without this, we have no way to connect Android devices. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and am hoping this will be a viable option for some of our staff that is in the field. But will need VPN to work in some cases. Will rate 3 for now in hopes that it will have this added functionality soon!
Harold - 2011-09-19
Unknown error - 8. Whats the deal?
Bob - 2011-09-29
Though the site says the app is compatible with Nexus S, it is not installing even after updating to OS 2.3.6. "Unknown error code during application install:"-8" "
Mike - 2011-09-19
"Could not obtain the necessary permissions to run this application. This device does not support AnyConnect.
Filed Under: Business