Add to favorites
Rating: 4.1 (2,786 ) Cost: Free Downloads: 100,000 - 500,000
AndroIRC is an IRC client which can connect to several server (secured or not) at the same time.
- mIRC colors
- auto join channels on startup
- nickserv auth
- Android notifications
- copy & paste
- sasl auth (plain and blowfish)
- Multiple servers connections (SSL support)
- Easy access menu to kick, ban, change privileges...
- FiSH support (needs Android 2.3 or above)
- Tablet support
- SSL certificate support
- /Ignore support
- Nick and channels completion
- Handle irc:// links
- And much more!
1 star rating is useless! Please send us bug reports by mail including logcat to help us improving AndroIRC.
You can see userlist by double tapping on the screen, and the open channels list by single tapping. You can also navigate between open channels by flinging!
Verizon user: Verizon blocks IRC over 3G. You won't be able to use AndroIRC, nor any other IRC client, over 3G, you will need to use WiFi. It's not a bug! If you want to use IRC over 3G, I suggest you to use an SSH Tunnel, see here : http://code.google.com/p/sshtunnel/ (thanks Daryl !). Many users have also reported that using SSL bypass the Verizon filtering! Thanks everyone!
A new premium AndroIRC app is available on the market. Installing this app will disable ads on AndroIRC, and will help us paying our servers!
Starting with AndroIRC 3.2, a new permission is required to get access to your location. This is *only* for the new action "Share my location" and nothing else! Moreover, AndroIRC *does not* have access to a precise position (given by GPS), but only to an approximate one (given by the network).
What's new on v3.3.4?
- Users list is back!
What's new on v3.3.3?
- translations updated
- bugs fix
What's new on v3.3.2?
- Honeycomb users can now access preferences
- Nickserv authentication preferences are now correctly saved
What's new on v3.3.1?
- fixed an issue introduced by 3.3.0 concerning the dark theme. You should now have the black background back! Sorry about that!
What's new on v3.3?
- The main UI has been redesigned to allow easier access to the opened channels
- SSL certificate support
- /Ignore support (with same mIRC syntax)
See http://www.androirc.com/changelog/3.3 for a full changelog, and http://www.androirc.com/article/31/androirc-3-3-now-available-on-the-android-market for more details!
What's new on v3.2?
- added: "Share my location" action. It shares your location with the active channel or the active query. This is why AndroIRC needs a new "Your location" permission. It's only used for the "Share your location" feature, and for nothing else!
- fixed: properly handle network disconnection/reconnection if the app. if in background. It may not be perfect yet, but it's much better than before.
- fixed: connection issues should now be resolved for everyone
- fixed: if SSL options is turned on and the selected port does not accept SSL, automatically turn SSL off.
Daniela - 2011-08-21
Has nearly every feature you could dream of, but uses 30mb of ram after start, without even connecting to any server. and after some fiddling around, it used all the CPU it could get, even after exit (it stays in background when you exit it using the menu). eventually I had to kill it because it got unresponsive, it then restarted itself...Please fix these very basic issues before working on features. (sony ericsson neo, android 2.3.3)
andrew - 2011-08-28
Works great aside from two flaws. Server notices from any server go into whatever window you're in. Power consuption is ridiculous, it's just IRC.
mosabua - 2011-08-03
Works ok but does not follow Android conventions like no exit application necessary. Uninstall for me.
Cr4zy - 2011-10-02
While it looks nice it lacks some features: highlighting the main issue doesn't seem to support my BNC either
b.charboneau - 2011-09-13
Needs option to set time out threshold or make it so it stays connected.
Andrey - 2011-08-07
Well done, guys, really handy and works great. Had no issues at all. Desire HD
Stelios - 2011-09-21
Maybe you should try the proper command: /join #channelname
twentynine - 2011-08-17
If you use IRC a lot, this app is very handy. You can customize everything just like a PC client.
Suiseiseki - 2011-09-26
AL-QAYYUM - 2011-08-07
Filed Under: Communication