Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (376 ) Cost: Free Downloads: 50,000 - 100,000
Note: GTalkSMS is not a chat client, its a service on your android phone that connects to GTalk/XMPP and waits for special commands and informs a GTalk/XMPP account about new SMS Messages / Incoming Calls / Battery State / etc.
* Start the application remotely by sending a SMS with "GTalkSMS" body then locate your phone, erase data or take photo if your phone has been stolen.
* Receive and send SMS from a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Search for :
- contacts from GMail or Exchange,
- old SMS,
- call logs.
* Start GMap, Google Street view or Google navigation from an address entered in a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Copy text to android clipboard or text boxes from your PC with a real keyboard.
* Get your Android phone clipboard.
* Execute shell commands.
* Receive notifications from incoming SMS or incoming calls.
* Dial a contact on your phone.
* Mark SMS as read.
* Make your phone ring.
* Make your phone send you geolocalization links (GMap links) to track down your phone.
Widget and a notification icon are also available.
For setup instructions go to the project page http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms
For Tasker / Locale integration visit http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms/wiki/PublicActions
If you need help or have some suggestions, you are welcome to post in gtalksms-users group (http://groups.google.com/group/gtalksms-users).
Please DON'T use the Android Market comment function for such things.
Sometimes Jabber doesn't work. It's mostly due to the Jabber server, then please don't blame GTalkSMS.
If you like this application, consider buying the donate version.
udaya - 2011-09-05
Using for quite some time. The only problem is the app makes your GTalk status available, even if the native GTalk or chat is signed out.
Lore - 2011-09-15
So this is one of the best apps I've discovered. You should set up a different gmail just for this so you don't always show up online...Texting is so much faster...even if I leave my phone home I can still use it!!! Thanks to the developer...
Anthony - 2011-09-20
Disabling delivery reports doesn't work. Be careful, these are charged. You can request SMS delivery report barring from your telco. Bloody sneaky.
Hristo Hristov - 2011-09-09
marvin - 2011-09-07
i also like BotBoNut
Matthew - 2011-08-24
Connects fine to jabber accounts. Battery status seen. Can send sms but incoming doesn't show on computer. This is a known issue.
Rebecca - 2011-08-06
Marco E - 2011-07-23
Couldn't get it running (60'+) !? Followed dirs on web pg, even tried using beta installer. No dialogue "window" appears :-( Sanyo KIO 2.2
Andrew - 2011-08-07
bogorad - 2011-08-01
Filed Under: Communication