Add to favorites
Rating: 4.2 (20) Cost: Free Downloads: 1,000 - 5,000
InstaSMS is a widget that sends a custom SMS instantly.
If there's a person you text message often, you won't have to type out the same message again and again.
SPECIAL NOTE: this is a WIDGET! There's no app icon when you install it, because it's a WIDGET. Widget widget. Widget.
Why is it so awesome?
InstaSMS is perfect for when you're fighting weasels again, and it's making you late to get home. With a regular messaging app you'd have to type out the whole message to your partner... by that time the weasels would have chewed off all your chest hair and gone through your pockets for loose change. But with InstaSMS, you've already got the SMS set up. You press the widget, the message gets through, and you can go back to hitting weasels with other weasels.
Even though the app is super-simple, you can change how it works. When you make a new widget (or press the pencil icon on an existing widget) you can make these adjustments:
* choose the phone number of the person it'll go to
* set the color of the widget background
* set the color of the person's name
* set the color of the message text
There are six. That's a lot, but we had to use them for these reasons:
* Read contacts: to let you choose a phone number from your contact list
* Send SMS: to send messages
* Network communication: to get the ads in the settings screen.
* Phone calls: ads do a 'Read Phone State' ping or it doesn't count as an ad impression.
* Write SMS: to save the message in your SMS history
* Read SMS: to save the message in your SMS history (yep, needs both read and write)
If you like it or don't like it, say why in your review comment. That way we can make it better instead of just being sad and grumpy. And if anyone gets mad because they didn't know it was a widget, I'll probably flail my arms around like one of those wacky waving inflatable tube men you see at car yards. We made this app because it's slightly more awesome than what's out there already, so if you can use your words then it'll be better next time, we promise.
Filed Under: Communication