Add to favorites
Rating: 4.1 (11,581) Cost: Free Downloads: 500,000 - 1,000,000
MailDroid is an ad-supported Webdav/POP3/IMAP Idle Push mail client written from the ground up and and not based on the stock Android mail client.
Permissions needed for Ads
1. Complete email re-write and not based at all on the standard Android mail client
2. IMAP Idle Push
3. Save/Download Attachments from email to SD card using ES Explorer, Astro, or any other file explorer. You can also use the built in File Manager.
4. Settings Support for signature, font size, ring tone, led color etc.
5. Custom Mail Rules (like outlook and thunderbird)
6. Spell Check
7. Search your mail online (for IMAP only) or offline
8. Password Protection
9. Microsoft Exchange 2003,2007,2010
10. Full WYSIWYG editor
11. Split screen for tablets
12. Calendar integration
13. Cloud storage integration (dropbox)
14. Much more....
ACTIVESYNC IS NOT SUPPORTED!
1. Why is the message slow to open? You need to set preload options found in global preferences.
2. Why is Exchange not working? I support 2003,2007, and 2010. However, each one can be set up differently by your administrator. The usual issue is username which can be domain\username, username, or email@example.com
3. I search, but see no results? You need to set up preloading in order to see search results.
4. How can I have different notifications for sound and LED color? You can set this under the rules section in global preferences.
5. Why can't I see my folders in Hotmail? Hotmail in MailDroid runs under POP3 (Microsoft charges a license for ActiveSync) and POP3 does not support folders from the server. IMAP does support this.
6. Can you change the icon? If you have a good idea, email me and we can talk about it.
7. Will there be a paid version? Yes, a version exists on the market.
*Most Frequent Issues*
SET PRELOAD OPTIONS TO IMPROVE SPEED
ONLY EXCHANGE 2003 AND 2007 IS SUPPORTED NOW
SEARCH REQUIRES PRELOAD
SOUND/LED PER EMAIL IS UNDER RULES
Email if any issues
kw:mail,email,yahoo mail,yahoo email,aol,hotmail,msn,live mail,blackberry,mail system,droid mail,droidmail,mail droid,gawab,fastmail,gmx,aol mail,gmail,google mail,IMAP,POP3, outlook, thunderbird
Terence - 2011-10-11
Why doesn't email get marked as read on my server. I open my email on my samsung galaxy s2 but still they are marked as unread when I open the website
Christine - 2011-10-11
Better than stock but always tells me I am offline or folder is not open. Very bothersome!
Chante - 2011-10-15
YAY! IT ACTUALLY REALLY DELETES GMAIL! T.G.! AND there's actually a CHECK ALL unlike the gmail app! Ty!
Art - 2011-10-13
I dunno why it gives me difficulty in setting up the exchange acct. Personal (pop3) setup and syncs just fine.. Will see if new update fixes
Amy - 2011-10-11
Last update has caused a huge problem. Every time I get an alert and try to open it I am told I am offline
jaqian - 2011-10-12
Why are all mail apps stored in ROM, please make it app2sd.
Nitin - 2011-10-15
Good mail client. Has lot of options which default client does not provide. Only shortcoming is out has banner ads which is annoying.
Jorge - 2011-10-12
jclarke - 2011-10-10
Seems a lot better than K-9. So far so good. Nicer UI and a lot faster to check mail.
The2ndflood - 2011-10-12
Doesn't offer any features that Gmail or the default mail app don't offer. Plus the app has banner ads.The app isn't worth downloading in my opinion.
Filed Under: Communication