Remote Desktop Client
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.6 (2,869) Cost: $14.95 Downloads: 50,000 - 100,000
*** Now with Windows 8 Multi-Touch Remoting Support ***
Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client for Android enables you to connect to your Windows computers across the Internet from a mobile device powered by Google Android platform. Once connected, it gives you mouse and keyboard control over your computer while showing you everything that's happening on the screen. You can leave your computer without losing access to your files, applications, and e-mail. Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client is using Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). All the necessary server components are already part of most versions of the Windows operating system (except Home varieties).
* Support for Windows 8 Multi-Touch remoting (a.k.a. Metro)
* Simple Connect (eliminates the need for configuring port forwarding on a network router)
* Custom screen resolutions, including an option to automatically fit to the device screen
* Secure network communication protected by SSL/TLS
* Network Level Authentication (NLA) with CredSSP
* Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway(RD Gateway) support
* RemoteApp programs support
* On-screen keyboard for keys missing on the device (functional keys, etc.)
* Server address book
* Master password to secure server password storage
* Audio redirection to the client from a remote computer
* Microphone redirection from the client to a remote computer
* File transfer between SD card and remote computer
* Copy/paste text between client and server
* Display zoom in/zoom out
* The first and only mobile Remote Desktop client with support for Microsoft Remote Assistance
* RDP data compression and caching to save bandwidth
* Android home screen shortcuts
* Support for x86 based Android devices
* Automatic activation of a software keyboard in text fields
* Support for international keyboard layouts
* Support for multitasking: switch to other apps without disconnecting
* Support for a physical keyboard (a keyboard connected over Bluetooth or USB)
* Physical mouse support: drag and drop with a single mouse click, mouse wheel, all three mouse buttons are supported (some features require Ice Cream Sandwich)
* Export/import the server address book and app settings to/from SD card
* Support for importing server settings from .rdp and XML files
* Multi-touch gestures for scrolling, mouse buttons emulation
The following operating system have Remote Desktop Services and can be connected using Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client without any additional server side software:
* Windows Server 2000
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Media Center Edition
* Windows Server 2003
* Windows Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise
* Windows Server 2008
* Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise
* Windows Server 2008R2
The following operating system do not have Remote Desktop Services out of the box:
* Windows XP Home
* Windows Vista Home
* Windows Vista Home Premium
* Windows 7 Starter
* Windows 7 Home Premium
* Mac OS
Fugslidy - 2011-09-28
Great app, works great both on phones (desire z) and tablets (xoom). Could be cheapier though.
Douglas - 2011-09-24
Screen scroll w mouse is great and natural nav a breeze! Mouse is super easy, double tap & drag, rt click - press and hold 2 sec.
Arnie - 2011-09-24
Works great, I'm a network admin so it comes in very handy. I use it on both my Droid Incredible and Motorola Xoom.
Geist - 2011-09-23
Best RDP client I've used on Droid
Cracking program, best of its kind on market. Support excellent, can't be failed. Contacted them about server redirection problems, now fixed!
Christopher - 2011-09-23
Greatest thing ever next to sliced bread.
g0606e - 2011-09-23
Love the ease of use.
Cornflakes - 2011-09-23
Tim - 2011-09-22
Trevor - 2011-09-24
Guys, PLEASE FIX the click-and-drag functionality. Other RDP apps have implemented this fine, without extra clicks. One my Transformer, a simple click-and-drag takes 3 fast clicks plus hold - external mouse is also tricky. Aside from that, perfect app!
Filed Under: Communication