Add to favorites
Rating: 3.6 (17) Cost: $2.99 Downloads: 1,000 - 5,000
Simply the most comprehensive firefighter tool launched yet, with an easy to use user interface created by and for Fire fighters. Store your department’s nozzle settings in the application. Determine how many tanker trucks will be needed for a foam application. Calculate the flow rate needed to extinguish fires of various sizes, and of course, determine the pump pressures needed for complex hose lays. All contained in these four calculators within the Fire Calculator. Includes US, Metric & Imperial Gallon settings.
Calculation tools for determining:
* Discharge pressure for firefighting pumps
* Foam Application Rates and Amounts
* Critical Application Rate/Flow Estimation
* Pressure and Flow Rates for Smooth Bore Nozzles
Fire Pump Discharge Pressure Calculator:
* Handles multiple attack and supply line setup
* Calculates friction loss formulaically
* Provides estimated reach calculation
Foam Application Calculator
* Enter area and depth of spill, along with concentration and type of foam being used
* Enter estimated Tank Diameter to automatically calculate area
* Calculation determines recommended flow rate and amount of concentrate and water needed
* Great for Hazmat incidents
Critical Application Rate Calculator
* Determines minimum flow rate to extinguish fire in < 10 seconds
* Enter Area and percent involved
* Use the Area Estimator to approximate square feet
Smooth Bore Tip Calculator
* Automatic Smooth Bore Pressure/Flow Calculations when Tip Size and either Pressure or Flow is known (other is calculated)
Calculations are formulaic (exact) not based on shortcuts.
Intended for training purposes only.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information for those wishing to use the app at their next training session!
Doug - 2011-04-14
Matthew - 2011-04-10
John - 2011-04-04
Would like to have the ability to add in customizable friction losses for standpipe systems, ladder pipes, deck guns, etc.
Rick - 2011-04-02
Chad - 2011-04-02
Amazing App. A must have for anyone in the fire service! Couldn't find a better app for practical applications on the fire ground.
Aaron - 2011-03-09
Nice and smooth. I like the ability to have custom presets for my departments loads, but still make adjustments on the fly.
Filed Under: Education