Kids Maps – U.S. Map Puzzle
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (13) Cost: $1.99 Downloads: 1,000 - 5,000
Kids Maps - Make geography fun for kids with this critically acclaimed & educational U.S. map puzzle game for Android Tablets. Ages 2 and up! Please leave a rating & review.
• Selected as a Top 4 Featured App for Tablets by Google in August!
• Selected as a Staff Favorite for Tablets by the Google team!
• Android Central says "Kids Maps is really nicely done, blurring the line between puzzle and teaching tool."
• Newsday.com features Kids Maps for Back-To-School and calls it a "fun, interactive puzzle game"!
• TheIPhoneMom.com says "Kids Maps is a wonderful educational app"!
• FunEducationalApps.com says "Overall, Kids Maps is a brilliant interactive puzzle game app"
• SmartAppsForKids.com says "Bottom Line: Kids Maps is a terrific modern translation of an old-school U.S. map puzzle. Highly recommended." 4 1/2 stars
• TheIKidsBlog.com says "Kids Maps Delivers Kid-Friendly Fun"
The Kids Maps puzzle series are all about making educational learning fun with easy-to-use, colorful, geographic map puzzles for kids.
The goal of Kids Maps is to help young children (ages 2 ) learn geography through a fun, interactive, map puzzle game which uses colorful artwork, voice, sound & animation to teach.
This 1st U.S. edition version of Kids Maps includes:
- Complete map of the United States of America
- U.S. Map presented as a fun puzzle game for kids
- Learn fun facts about each state
- Helps kids develop motor skills and hand/eye coordination by placing puzzle pieces on the map
- Helps kids develop shape & color recognition skills through colorful puzzle pieces
- Easy-to-use Drag & Drop functionality
- Colorful state puzzle pieces which teach state abbreviations
- A guided tutorial to help children learn the interface
- Auto-Snap setting to adjust the difficulty level of map puzzle piece placement. (Auto-Snap is intended for younger players to provide an easier chance of success)
- Settings for alphabetical order (teaches children the letter a state starts with)
- Settings for random order (includes fun sounding animations)
- The ability to "skip" and grab a new map puzzle piece (in random mode only)
- "Hints" system which helps point children in the right direction
- Encouraging messages to build confidence.
- Voice on/off settings
- Tips on/off settings
- Fun "reset" feature which breaks the map puzzle into pieces again
Dear Parent or Teacher,
This project is a labor of love for me. I originally developed this map puzzle game for my 3 year old daughter after I read a study in a parenting magazine about the poor geography skills typical of today's children.
My daughter has been my lil’ tester while my team & I continue to refine the app to be fun, easy-to-use and educational. After the initial versions turned out so well, I decided to release this puzzle game as a product for all kids to enjoy. I plan to release an entire series of map puzzle games (Europe, Africa, South America, Asia, etc) in the future, so keep your eyes open.
I sincerely hope your children enjoy all the fun and education built into my Kids Maps Puzzle Game as much as my daughter does – I hope to soon release more kid-friendly games, too.
If you have feedback or any technical issues, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to your input!
Thanks again for contributing to my daughter’s college fund!
Owner of Media Mechanic
In the future we plan to release additional map puzzle games for Europe, Africa, South America, Asia & more!
Thanks for your support!
Tags: Kids, Educational, Child, Children, Games, Preschool, School, Kindergarten, Preschool-aged, Shapes, Puzzle, Cognitive Skills, Visual Spatial Skills, Shape Recognition, Fine Motor Skills, Tablet, Honeycomb, Xoom, Galaxy Tab
Filed Under: Education