Add to favorites
Rating: 2.9 (10,870) Cost: Free Downloads: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
Find your favorite shows and movies, control your TV, and schedule DVR recordings—all with the XFINITY TV app. The XFINITY TV app puts a world of entertainment right at your fingertips!
Find what to watch using a few taps:
- Browse TV listings customized to your area
- Browse an On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search TV listings and On Demand for any show or movie
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and much more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Conveniently change channels right from the app
- Tune directly to On Demand programs to watch on your TV
- Schedule DVR recordings of your favorite shows, series, and movies
- Internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G)
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net Email Address (and Password)
- Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
Initial Setup Notes:
Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Compatibility and Known Issues:
- Xfinity TV app supports most Android handsets running Android 2.2 and higher.
- Xfinity TV app supports the Motorola Xoom tablet running Android v3.1 and later. Other Honeycomb v3.x tablets with a 1280x800 resolution should work. We will certify the application on additional tablets soon.
- Xfinity TV app may work on other Android devices not listed above but it has not been designed or optimized for them. They are currently unsupported.
- Xfinity TV app currently supports devices that allow more than a 16MB memory limit on applications and will automatically detect the required memory. This includes most devices. However, the AT&T HTC Aria is a notable exception and is not compatible.
*Xfinity TV app supports many-but not all-Comcast set top boxes. Specifically, Scientific Atlanta set top boxes are not yet supported. Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for details about currently supported set top boxes.
Having trouble with the Xfinity TV App? Contact our support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond through the Android Market comment/ratings system but would love to hear from you.
tk421 - 2011-10-08
Works fine to chg channel on D2G. BUT needs better control for OnDemand watching, can choose "watch" but then only goes to OnDemand Episode screen then need remote to choose Watch/OK to actually watch selected show. Would b gr8 to c more tv-like controls like Last & Volume +/- . Otherwise works with Droid2Global
Sean - 2011-09-18
It is pretty impressive, but hey Devs, is there a possibility to view TV from the DROID? zebras.galore@Gmail.com
Looks nice, good features, listings only show up on the half hour and no landscape view is annoying. HTC thunderbolt
Michael - 2011-10-02
It's a shame there's no way to filter out channels I would never watch, nor to search in program descriptions (searches are restricted to titles only), but otherwise this app beats the TV Guide and TV Listings apps hands-down. Obviously of no use unless you're a Comcast customer, but if you are, it's clear, concise, attractive, and takes good advantage of a large tablet screen. No 'net issues here. Only other real complaint is that it's landscape-only, although to be honest that choice somewhat makes sense.
shon - 2011-10-06
Wow too bad this would not work with my new android tablet. Ccomcast needs to do better. This. Was one of the reasons I bought this.
Paul - 2011-09-13
Used to work. Weird, Comcast makes a piece of crap app? I guess that's keeping in line with the rest of their stuff that doesn't work. HTC EVO
Chris - 2011-10-03
Just moved over to the Galaxy S II from the iphone 4 and was disappointed to see there is no streaming for android. Bring on the streaming.
Bron - 2011-10-03
Wish there was a way to select the last channel, like the last button on the remote. Instead of scrolling through the tv listings.
J.Senter - 2011-08-27
So you release the app but don't include the same functions as the iPhone, like watching the shows on the the device.
Frank - 2011-09-15
I used to get an unknown error because I moved the app to the SD card storage. So I moved the app back to phone storage then it worked.
Filed Under: Entertainment