You Need A Budget (YNAB)
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.5 (1,046) Cost: $4.99 Downloads: 10,000 - 50,000
The perfect companion app of YNAB (You Need A Budget) for Desktop.
>> You MUST have YNAB for Desktop to be able to use YNAB for Android <<
-- Voted Most Popular Personal Finance Software on Lifehacker Hive Five Poll
-- About.com 2011 Reader's Choice Winner for Best Personal Finance Software
-- "YNAB is great stuff - it really is." (CNN Headline Radio)
-- "If you need extra motivation to achieve financial discipline consider the budgeting software YNAB." (Kiplinger's Personal Finance)
-- Listed as one of 10 Personal Finance Tools You Should Use Now. (U.S. News & World Report)
-- "The budgeting software of choice for those who seriously want to start a personal or household budget." (About.com)
YNAB for Android now Has Cloud Sync!
* Easily sync with YNAB for Desktop and other mobile apps (iPhones and other Android devices) over the Cloud.
* Updates are in near real-time (give or a take a few seconds)
* If your phone doesn't have an internet connection, it will "catch up" to any other syncs as soon as it finds a connection.
* It's seamless, automatic, and magical.
* It will improve the finances in your relationship by leaps and bounds (everyone's on the same page!)
* Cloud Sync requires YNAB 4.
* Cloud Sync uses Dropbox, a personal cloud storage service (an account is free).
* Cloud Sync is optional. You can still sync manually over a shared wi-fi network.
With YNAB for Android, you will:
* Quickly Enter transactions on the go
* Check your category balances before making a purchase.
* View all historical transactions for every account
* Stay aware of your spending
* Never worry about unknowingly going over budget again!
FAST Transaction Entry:
YNAB makes it so quick and easy to add a new transaction, your budget can know about your latest purchase before you leave the store!
Multiple Android devices can sync with the same budget, making it easy for an entire household to stay on the same budget! (You can also have iPhones, iPods, etc. That app is found in Apple's App Store.)
Never heard of YNAB?
It's easy-to-use budget software coupled with a powerful methodology. Download our free trial at YouNeedABudget.com! It runs on Windows and Mac.
30-Day Money-back Guarantee:
As with our other products: If you're not completely satisfied with YNAB for Android, we'll happily provide a refund.
***** IMPORTANT *****
This is a companion app for YNAB for the desktop. You must have YNAB installed on your computer. (Note that it will not work with YNAB Pro, our old desktop application)
Don't have YNAB yet? You can download a free trial of YNAB for Desktop at YouNeedABudget.com
* You must have YNAB installed on your computer. (Free trial available at YouNeedABudget.com)
* Wi-Fi network: Your device and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi (wireless) network, or your computer must have a wireless card.
[Market license check] This is pretty self-explanatory.
[Full Internet access, view network state, view Wi-Fi state] These are all needed for the sync functionality, so we can read the device's IP address, check for connectivity, and talk to the Desktop app during the sync process.
[Read phone state and identity] We use the device's ID as part of the encryption process when communicating with the Android Market to verify the license status. This is recommended by Google.
[Automatically start at boot] This is so we can display the notification of unsynced transactions in the status bar when the phone boots up. The app doesn't leave any code running in the background all the time; this is a simple check on startup to display the notification, and then it shuts down again.
Joshua - 2011-10-15
Considering how much the main software goes for it would be nice if this was cheaper. Otherwise it's a nice component to keep your budget on track.
Teri - 2011-10-16
Nice compliment to desktop software. Would love it if they make it sync automatically.
Chris - 2011-10-16
5 stars once implement the planned split txns and cloud sync... otherwise this is what we voted to get early... dev promised free updates later
Andrea - 2011-10-19
YNAB is fantab! I wish syncing were instantaneous, but otherwise love.
gyim - 2011-10-13
I just wish there was an easier way to enter transactions: just select category, enter amount, click. The rest can be done w the desktop app anyway.
kelli - 2011-10-03
I am a big fan of ynab. BUT am a lil disappointed in mobile version. Must must b able to sync away from comp & MUST b able to edit trans etc. -Evo
Adam - 2011-09-27
Wireless sync is not bad, but still needs to be able to sync anywhere and anytime so when I load up my YNAB desktop it updates automatically.
Rey - 2011-10-12
Need to be careful when typing amount. Default zero amount sometimes goes part of your input adding extra zeroes. Quirky sync.
Lyle - 2011-09-27
It's streamlined for entering new transactions. Everything in the layout is just the right size for touch. You can easily edit an old transaction to change accounts or recategorize. The sync works robustly, but is awkward the first time, requiring entering an IP address. It is also slow if you have years of data in your file. I'd like to sync to the cloud instead of straight to my desktop. E.g., through SugarSync.
Orion - 2011-10-09
I'd love to be able to split transactions. Other than that, no complaints here!
Filed Under: Finance