Mountain Steps UK
Add to favorites
Rating: 2.5 (2) Cost: $6.43 Downloads: 50 - 100
If you’re a total beginner, a keen mountain newcomer, or training for the Three Peaks Challenge, then this is the only app you’ll need.
Even if you’re already an enthusiastic lowland walker, Mountain Steps UK has the knowledge for a safe transition to the mountain scene, and provides articles on the unique aspects of the mountain environment.
Features include –
- Photo-supported route guides and interactive maps of ALL major routes up Snowdon, Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike, Pen y Fan, and Cadair Idris. Including how to get to the start!
(We’ve recently added 8 routes for Pen y Fan and Cadair Idris. Other mountains and regions will continue to be added over time)
- Kit advice for newbies, from socks to basic emergency kit.
- Tuition on how to navigate with a map and compass.
- Emergency awareness and ‘essential’ first aid, combined with emergency procedures if it all goes wrong.
- Current location finders, grid reference calculators, magnetic declination algorithms, and constantly updated sunset times.
- A large range of articles on plants and their uses, birds, history, sport and a multitude of other mountain-specific topics.
- Contains over 120,000 words and 400 photographs!
- 10% of the profits to be donated to Mountain Rescue.
See our recent reviews
Tap! – The iPhone and iPad Magazine
Mountain Steps UK is built with the knowledge of more than 40 years of combined experience, extensive training, and teaching others to enjoy themselves in a safe and responsible manner.
It’s not our aim for this app to become an all-encompassing guide to every route up every mountain, but to help you learn by it, become independent, and enjoy the mountains as much as we do.
Mountain Steps UK - Leading you every step of the way!
Find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Filed Under: Health & Fitness