WebMD for Android
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (11,129) Cost: Free Downloads: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
WebMD for Android helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD the App also gives you access to first aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – critical if you don’t have Internet access in the time of need.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, & learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about Conditions relevant to you & learn more about causes, treatments, & related symptoms.
• Drugs & Treatments – Search our extensive database for information on Drugs, Supplements, & Vitamins. Access content such as Uses, Side Effects, Warnings, and more.
• Pill Identification Tool – Identify your prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by pill shape, color, & imprint.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, & pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create custom lists of Drugs, Conditions, and Articles
• Save custom lists securely
• Review your saved information anytime and anywhere
• Native Voice Search Functionality – Search WebMD with their voice for a condition, drug, treatment or first aid topic.
• Maps – View local health listings & individual Physician, Hospital, & Pharmacy locations in a map view.
• Get Directions – Enter your primary address once in app settings and get one click directions.
• Email Friends – Send your friends medically reviewed content covering First Aid, Conditions, & Drugs.
• Email Me – Quickly send yourself content with one click. Simply save your email address in app settings.
• Content Updates – Timely content is updated automatically.
• Tour – Swipe through a quick visual tour of key features and navigation.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. More than 95 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.
tblast60 - 1969-12-31
IF YOU WANT WEBMD TO FIX ALL THE PROGRAMMING PROBLEMS I HIGHLY SUGGEST WE ALL INSTALL THIS PROGRAM. I AM DOING SO IMMEDIATELY AFTER SENDING THIS REVIEW. OUT OF FIVE APPS ONLY ONE partially works. I have installed and completely uninstalled this PROGRAM 10 times I have used it for months with no problem until a couple weeks ago. TTFN DON'T INSTALL THIS PROGRAM IS NOT GOOD Forced close prior rating was for information I had access to Information with access is good the rest sucks
The great Dr Cox said it best. If you hear hoofbeats, go ahead and assume it's a horse and not a zebra. Advice that the WebMD team didn't take, because they delivered me one heck of a zebra. For my symptoms I described "mild joint pain" in my "left leg" and the only answer it gave me was "Shingles". (In reality, my knee is chronically sore. No shingles here, just good old fashioned joint pain)
Dez - 1969-12-31
Great app! Easy to use & very informative. Sometimes I just look things up for fun. No problems so far. HTC EVO Shift
Dwayne - 1969-12-31
Very nice medical database for fact finding and general patient oriented research. Force close issues. I would like to see a "Save Patient" function.
Melanie - 1969-12-31
Great tool for me... And a great way to answer questions that even makes sense to my 8 yr old.
Rebecca - 1969-12-31
I am an RN. I find this app. Very useful in many aspects of my practice. Quick, easily accessible accurate information. A+++
Rossi - 1969-12-31
So far, I like it. Certain things I cannot find...but Im sure there are many updates to come so I have patience. Highly recommend! Thanks devs!
Mark - 1969-12-31
Excellent!!! Quick check of past symptoms led to correct diagnosis. Found all local drugstores and hospitals. Highly recommend this app.
Jay - 1969-12-31
The tap a body part feature doesn't work, also scrolling the a-z list using the faster side button scroller doesn't work. Pictures could be handy too
stefano - 1969-12-31
...the app needs to be a bit more polished, i.e.: some caching logic and the possibility to bookmark diseases or symptoms.
Filed Under: Health & Fitness