Add to favorites
Rating: 4.5 (453) Cost: $1.41 Downloads: 10,000 - 50,000
free TRIAL version avail
The perfect nap/sleep app. The little brother of Gentle Alarm...
** Buyers within the European Union: 19% VAT will be add to the sales price **
PLEASE NOTE: due to a bug in Android 4.0, the sounds provided with the app may skip when looping. Your media sounds will play fine.
- perfect for power naps, travel, sleep timer
- silent alarm for work/school
- app can detect when you sleep so you can fine-tune the length of sleep you want to get
- 12 included sounds: white noise, heartbeat, beach,..
- use your own mp3s, playlists, ringtones
- creates playlists on the fly for your favorite artist or genre
- 3 phases: relax, sleep, wake up
- customizable backgrounds
You can easily program your own individual sleep program. Each program has up to three phases, relaxing, sleeping, and waking up. For each phase you can set your own music or use the built-in sounds, set fade-in/fade-out, duration, etc.
The app can detect when you start sleeping through motion detection so you can nap for exactly 10 min even though you don't know how long it will take you to fall asleep.
Use the relax phase to listen to an audio book. The app will continue the time it runs where it left off.
Explanation of PERMISSIONS:
PERMISSIONS: Gentle Alarm uses the following permissions...
* WAKE_LOCK: So the phone can stay on while playing music.
* DISABLE_KEYGUARD: When the alarm rings, you don't have to unlock the phone to be able to turn the alarm off.
* VIBRATE: obvious
* WRITE_SETTINGS: It adjusts some system settings such as airplane mode, silent mode, etc.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: It logs some data on your SD card.
* READ_PHONE_STATE: So it can turn off the music when the phone rings and prevent an alarm from ringing while you are talking on the phone.
* READ_LOGS: So you can send me debug data (if you choose to)
* INTERNET: So that I can display ads (trial version only). Also, if the app crashes, it can send a crash if you allow it. Even if you don't use this feature, the app still needs to ask for the permission.
Erayd - 1969-12-31
Great app, but with a few bad bugs (e.g. unable to select a ringtone for wake phase). Could use more thorough testing before release, and faster fixes
Matthew - 1969-12-31
Love this app, but it keeps forgetting my alarm preferences, stating that I've moved them everytime I start the program. Its quick fix but annoying
Shawn - 1969-12-31
Locks up and never closes like it should.
LinuxFreakD - 1969-12-31
This is exactly my problem. Droid Bionic, skipping white noise, 2 emails to developer, no response.
drm - 1969-12-31
Long time user of this app on Droid X. Now using on Bionic. Unfortunately, white noise skips now. Emailed developer. Haven't heard back yet.
BigRab - 1969-12-31
Art - 1969-12-31
Great for power naps.
Beth - 1969-12-31
Beach sound only working for two minutes on Droid X even after this update. Please fix.
Tabbatha - 1969-12-31
I love the idea of this app, however it keeps on crashing on my HTC Desire. I have tried re-installing it, to no avail. Waste of money atm, imho.
monkeyman - 1969-12-31
I really like S.N. and other mobitobi programs, but have had some issues w/ S.N., emailed Dev... no response. I'll try again later.
Filed Under: Lifestyle