Add to favorites
Rating: 4.6 (20,235 ) Cost: Free Downloads: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1 compatibility
- background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- hardware accelerated video playback - increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- dual and quad-core decoding support - significantly improves playback speed
- Support for almost all media files (video and audio player), such as: avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, mp3, ac3... and streaming content such as RTMP, RTSP, MMS (tcp, http), HTTP Live stream, HTTP.
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt...
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3's directly via Wi-Fi from your LAN shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) - no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
- support for USB OTG (On-The-Go), for example:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer and much more!
This package includes support for ARMv7 with VFP and NEON. For other CPU types please download appropriate package. Application will notify you which package you need.
BSPlayer FREE version is ad-supported video player. BSPlayer full version without advertisements with added functionality is available on Google Play.
NOTE: When reporting error please add info about your smartphone brand and model. Also you can send us more detailed bug report on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trying to improve the player for the users and your feedback is appreciated.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded from BSPlayer website.
Dedicated forum can be found here: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/.
*Hardware acceleration support depends on device video decoder capability. Hardware accelerated playback in portrait mode may be corrupted on some HTC models (HD and others - hardware issue). Also on some devices (Samsung galaxy S2) zoom/stretch may not work on all video types.
Translations and corrections of the translations can now be submitted here: http://crowdin.net/project/bsplayer-android!
Don't forget to vote 5 stars if you like it and if you don't - let us know why! :)
Tags: video player, movie player, m2ts player, mts player, avc player, mp3 player, avi player, mkv player, mov player, flv player, subtitle player, free player...
changyu - 2011-08-24
most versatile player so far. best vplayer. though interface nt so nice, still the best. can play my cam stream, n it is free
Jørgen - 2011-09-12
This is a fantastic app. Use it to play movies from my NAS. Excellent! Have not been able to play .mts file properly so only 4 stars.
Akle - 2011-10-09
Low performance. Slowdowns even on non hd content on galaxy s ii. Local & lan. Fix this and bsplayer may become the best player, till then Diceplayer
Du Phong - 2011-09-29
I was looking for a video player like this one which handles samba ans subtitle. I would pay it, it's really worth it.
PittsPgh - 2011-10-02
I've been a BSPlayer on the main computer for a long time now. It's working great on my EVO3D here. It evens plays the *.asf video files from my MoleCam IP Security Camera.
Tsunami - 2011-09-14
Mkv format video n audio doesn't sync. Overall, very good.
Cube - 2011-09-17
I love this player supports standard lans I can play movie or music files from my NAS boxes and my PC's on netowork with ease. Does not seem to have the same level of hardware support as some other players. Nvida tegra, or power VR GPU support or Tablet hardware level support not sure it might I downloaded the armv7 code runs in software by default. had to make thumbnails though and that is annoying it takes forever and not really needed.
Earlin - 2011-10-02
Excellent player! I like it's lan mode very much.suggestion should have better ui, nomedia folder exclusion, clearing history.
Eugene - 2011-08-24
I have been using this player on my laptop for last two years and was surprised to find android version. This is the most convenient player I've ever used. It plays tons of formats. Once you try this you will not be able to use something else as a player.
Ian - 2011-08-28
works brilliantly on my transformer especially in LAN mode streaming from my NAS. I wkuld pay for this.
Filed Under: Media & Video