MediaHouse-Pro UPnP / DLNA
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.4 (210) Cost: $3.99 Downloads: 5,000 - 10,000
MediaHouse Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mediahouse-upnp-dlna-app
Stream music, videos, movies and pictures from PC, NAS or any other device running UPnP/DLNA compliant media server.
MediaHouse Pro powers your device i.e. phone, tablets or google TVs with the following capabilities:
1. Automatic scan of your home network over Ethernet or Wifi to identify PC, NAS or any other device running UPnP/DLNA media server.
2. Shows capabilities of the scanned servers by dividing them into two categories, one from which you can serve content i.e. called Play From and others to which you can play that content i.e. called Play To.
3. Use MediaHouse Pro as a browser, player or controller.
4. MediaHouse Pro can control playback of content from a Media Server (called - Play From) to a Media renderer (called - Play To).
5. Movies - Spice up your movie libraries with posters, backdrops, actors and more information gathered from online sources such as TMDb.
6. Favorites - Save several level deep albums and folders from one or multiple media servers and get direct one click access to their content.
7. Play lists - add, delete, rename music play lists. Last played audio tracks are automatically saved.
8. Search your big server libraries for albums, artists, video, images by their title.
9. Download - albums, folders and individual media items to your device for offline play.
10. Random play - discover hidden gems in your library by letting app select music for you.
11. Built in music player with options to seek, pause, play, loop, shuffle and repeat.
12. Build in photo viewer with slideshow option.
13. Image Colors are picked from album art or photos to beautify now playing and photo view screens.
14. Time saver folder options like search audio and play or search images and arrange them in a slideshow.
15. Remembers your server selection and uses it in subsequent runs.
16. Video play in NOT BUILT IN and MediaHouse uses other applications installed on your device. We recommend installing MXPlayer or BSPlayer, Moboplayer etc... They have support for many HD video file formats.
17. Support for Landscape mode
18. Displays album art and album thumb nails
19. Further Tips are available via menu option
THIS APP DOES NOT CLAIM TO BE DLNA CERTIFIED. Check http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/look-for-dlna/product-search. However, here is a brief list of what our users are using today with MediaHouse.
1. TwonkyMedia server
2. Windows Media Player 12
6. PS3 Media Server
7. MediaMonkey 4.0
8. Synology DSM 3.1
11. PURE Flowserver
1. Windows Media Player 12 (Has good audio and video support)
2. Sony Network Media Players (Good audio but limited support on video playback).
3. And of course your phone or tablet works as always.
Check out this article on how you can configure Windows Media Player to allow remote control : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-settings-for-streaming-media-in-Windows-Media-Player
1. This product uses TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. Please consider contributing to the database.
OpenSource Projects Used
1. Cling - http://4thline.org/projects/cling/
2. ActionBarSherlock - http://actionbarsherlock.com/
3. Universal Image loader - https://github.com/nostra13/Android-Universal-Image-Loader.
Tags : Movies, Music, Photos, Videos, TV shows, movie browser, music player, network player, media center, video player, Boxee, XBMC, Plex, MediaPortal.
Filed Under: Media & Video