VPlayer (Free Trial)
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.1 (14,773) Cost: Free Downloads: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
VPlayer 3.x is the next generation of VPlayer, with a new design!
Watch videos with HW accelerated decoding and rendering to HD MKV/AVI/MOV/FLV/TS/M4V/3GP for most Android devices.
Access your NAS/Wifi/UPnP/DLNA/DVR/Dropbox/Facebook/Gmail videos from VPlayer seamlessly!!!
Play YouTube.com videos directly in VPlayer!
This is a free trial for 7 days with full features. Please buy 'VPlayer Unlocker' to continue use VPlayer.
VPlayer is a HW accelerated Media player for android. It use HW video decoder at various containers and audio codecs combination.
Dual Core/High end devices ( Sensation , Galaxy S/S2 , Nexus-S ) can play 720p even 1080p MKV/AVI/MOV/FLV/TS/M4V/3GP.
VPlayer drains less bettery than SW based players such as MX Video Player, MoboPlayer.
ICS devices can play 1080p files with full HW accelerations, Honeycomb tablets can play 720p MKV with Full HW accelerations.
If you use MIUI, CM7 or unofficial ROMs that can not play MKV/FLV/MOV/AVI using default player, VPlayer is the best solution.
- HW : MPEG-4,H.264,H.263
- SW : MPEG-4,H.264,RMVB,XVID,MS MPEG-4,VP6,H.263,MPEG-1,MPEG-2
- Mutitle audtio tracks support
- (Advanced) SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass), SAMI(.smi), SubViewer(.sub), Subrip(.srt), MicroDVD(.sub), MPL2(.txt)
- MKV subtitle extraction supported
- Unicode/Multibyte charset supported.
- Mutiple subtitle tracks support
- Increased subtitle readability with thicker border and shadow around text.
- HTTP Live Streaming with multiple bitrate
* ICS devices, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S
* Honeycomb tables(TF101,GT10.1,Iconia500) : 720p High@4.1 ( no weighted prediction )
* Samsung Galaxy S2 : 1080p H.264 firstname.lastname@example.org/MPEG-4,1080i AVCHD MTS
* Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy S and variants : 720p H.264 High@5.1
* Samsung Galaxy Tab(7') : 1080p H.264 High@5.1. 1080i have interlace artifacts.
* Samsung Galaxy Note : 1080p H.264 High@5.1
* HTC Desire HD,ThunderBolt : 720p High@3.1/4.0(some Level 4.0 file have shutter problem)
* HTC Desire and QSD8250 baesd devices : 720p H.264 High@3.
* HTC Evo 3D : 720p High@5.1/1080p High@5.1(some 1080p files have shuttering)
* Dell Streak,Venue : 720p H.264 High@3.1
* HTC wildfire: video capability depends on your firmware.
* Moto Atrix: 720p High@5.1
* Xiao mi: 720p High@4.1
More devices are supporting...
* Video capability depends on your devices HW video decodes' capability.
* Some devices(Moto Defy, Galaxy S/Tab) need gingerbread update.
* Tegra 2 based devices : H.264 High@4.1 ( no weighted prediction )
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv3 and its source can be downloaded from our site.
READ_LOGS: for feedback
INTERNET: streaming support
READ_PHONE_STATE: stop playback when calling
WAKE_LOCK: keep screen up
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: rename or delete file
MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: change audio effects
VPlayer is the best video player for Android.
VPlayer, VPlayer Free, VPlayer Unlocker, Rockplayer, Mobo, MoboPlayer, Mobo Player,Mobo Video Player,MX Video Player,QQPlayer, VLC, VLC Android, Video Player, Media Player, Music Player, Streaming Player, Stream, Streaming, DLNA, MPlayer, KMPlayer
Jeff - 1969-12-31
As of the latest versions, most of the issues I've had are gone. I use it to play several file formats and video streams. I'd really love tablet support for honeycomb. Video plays fine, but the controls could be a bit bigger on large screens as well as dimming of the taskbar during playback like the stock honeycomb video player does.
Johari - 1969-12-31
Still a bit touchy with uPnPlayer streams, but usually works fine. Plays on-device files perfectly and smoothly except for hi-res MKVs. T-mobile G2
Andrew - 1969-12-31
Awesome app. We have toddler and infant, so this app saved our butts hundreds of times keeping little ones entertained with favorite cartoons. G2
Adam Jones - 1969-12-31
I downloaded to play vob files from dvds i own but the support is really bad. the video head control is very unresponsive and the time values of the file on the far right were usally completely confused and incorrect. worst, the player cant play a folder and cant play the key files from a dvd that allow you to run the whole dvd as a complete movie. this means that watching a film requires you to constantly manually start up different vob files one after another. oh and theres audio lag as well.
tak - 1969-12-31
Works great, just wish it went more full screen. Android software buttons still show while video is playing.
Fredrik - 1969-12-31
Samsung Galaxy S2 with latest updates. Vid-quality is better in stock player. And this is the only app that mamaged to "overheat" my phone... o_O
MWR - 1969-12-31
Plays DLNA streams from my desktop, which no other player seems to be able to do. Unusual and unintuitive behaviors at times, though: why does tapping my "back" button from the settings menu quit me out of the whole program rather than returning to my video in progress? Also, only way to pause video is to tap tiny play/pause button, which often doesn't register; player would be better if you could double-tap to pause or something. The actual PLAYER works great, though; runs every file I can throw at it.
Chris - 1969-12-31
I love this app for playing streams from my mediacenter using Remote Potato, but video streaming keeps breaking on and off. HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) is spotty at best so until the author starts adding regular HLS tests before release it is hard to recomend to anyone. Giving 3 stars because I love the UI and how well it works with my Galaxy Tab 10.1 though.
William - 1969-12-31
Useless unless you like your video jerky and lagging behind your audio. Audio use to play all the way through as well. Not buying this.
Alon - 1969-12-31
Why can't I manually choose the codec? Half of the video players play it as 44kHz, the other half play it normally, but with 3 frames people second.
Filed Under: Media & Video