Add to favorites
Rating: 3.9 (39) Cost: $2.99 Downloads: 1,000 - 5,000
Follow us on Facebook or Google for a chance to win a Littman Cardiology III stethoscope!
Heart Sounds for Android is a heart & lung sounds reference application for physicians, medical students, nurses, physician assistants, and anyone else in the medical field. It has information about murmurs, rubs, gallops, wheezing, and rales in an easy-to-use application. The high-quality sounds contained within the application are looped to allow you to listen for days! When you put your headphones on, the sounds come to life (as if you had a stethoscope in your ears)! Do you think you know what you’re listening to? Test your knowledge with the quiz! Follow us on Facebook or Twitter: http://www.facebook.com/medicaldoctorapps and http://twitter.com/MedDoctorApps
Check out our other application, titled “Medical Doctor” for a more comprehensive medical reference tool. “Medical Doctor” has "Heart Sounds", plus much more: http://goo.gl/tZ64M
- Playable heart and lung sounds with information on murmurs, rubs, gallops, wheezing, rales, etc.
- Cardiac and pulmonary auscultation diagrams
- Vesicular, bronchovesicular, bronchial, and tracheal lung sounds
- Rhonchi, coarse and fine rales, wheezing
- Normal heart sounds: split S2, innocent murmur, venous hum
- Systolic heart sounds: late/early aortic stenosis, mitral valve prolapse, mitral regurgitation, pulmonary stenosis, ventricular septal defect, atrial septal defect
- Diastolic heart sounds: aortic regurgitation, mitral stenosis
- Rubs/Gallops/Other – friction rub, s3, s4, patent ductus arteriosis
- Cardiac Cycle diagram to better visualize the sounds
- Test your knowledge with the new heart/lung sounds quiz!
- Optimized for ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich), Honeycomb, and tablets
If you would like to see more features added, please e-mail us. We will try to add your recommended features to the next release!
Key words: Maxwell's, Maxwells, Medical reference, pocket guide, Bates
Jooolian - 2011-10-09
A simple app with an intuitive interface. Sounds are of good quality. Remember to use headphones as this improves the experience!
Andrew - 2011-07-28
Just upgraded and the new format is so much better and nicer looking. Excellent quality especially for a free ap. Even has some lung sounds.
patricia - 2011-07-24
Brit - 2011-05-11
Certainly some good information in this app. The sounds loop continuously, which is good. The quiz is a great way to test your knowledge.
Filed Under: Medical