Add to favorites
Rating: 4.9 (671) Cost: Free Downloads: 100,000 - 500,000
Contact the Rega Operations Centre from within Switzerland or abroad and receive fast, uncomplicated emergency assistance.
Rega – Rega’s Android app – is free of charge and contains everything that is necessary to call out Swiss Air-Rescue in the event of an emergency.
This application has the following functions:
• Contact the Rega Operations Centre, from within Switzerland or abroad, in the event of an emergency; on raising the alarm, your current position will automatically be transmitted.
• Ensure that the alarm function is working properly from your current position using the test function.
• Determine the coordinates of your current position, or of any location on the map, in three different formats.
• Display your current position on the map.
• Record useful information that could be of help to our Operations Centre in the event of an emergency.
• Find out what action you should take in the event of a medical emergency in Switzerland or abroad.
• Become a Rega patron. Your donation will help us to provide the best possible service at all times – perhaps even one day for you.
• Choose from four language versions (German, English, French, Italian).
Important information/ Tips:
• Place the Rega icon on the first page of your Android home screen for instant access.
• Once the data has been successfully transmitted, the Operations Centre will automatically be contacted. Only after you have spoken to the Operations Centre by telephone can a rescue be initiated.
• Enable the Location Services function in your phone settings.
• The Location Services function will only work if the signal can be received (GPS, WLAN, mobile phone network).
• The correct network configuration is imperative. Ask your provider for details (APN settings).
• Regular use of the Location Services function can help your current position to be displayed more swiftly.
• Telephone calls cannot be made without a SIM card.
• If the SIM card is blocked, only the European emergency number 112 can be called.
• When raising the alarm, always do so outside (for better signal reception).
• If possible, when raising the alarm, shield the telephone microphone from the wind.
• Android Version: 2.1. or higher required.
Swiss Air-Rescue, Rega is at your service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Whether in Switzerland or abroad, whether seriously injured or ill – you can count on swift, uncomplicated assistance by air.
Filed Under: Medical