Add to favorites
Rating: 4.5 (278 ) Cost: Free Downloads: 50,000 - 100,000
* Captures car location automatically when device disconnects. Automatic car locator. (option)
* Reads text messages (SMS) while device is connected. (option)
* Automatically launch app, playlist, Pandora station, or shortcut when Bluetooth connects. (option)
* Automatically connect to a Bluetooth device when first device connects. Can also automatically enable Bluetooth to do this. This fixes the problem some car stereos have where A2DP media streaming does not automatically connect. (option) Note: Will not initiate first device connection.
* Automatically disable WIFI when device connects. (option)
* Automatically enable GPS when device connects (pre-ICS only). (option)
* Automatically remember last used media volume to restore when device connects. (option)
* Silence notifications while connected. (option)
* Also supports Audio Jack connections, Car Dock, Power Connection, and Home Dock as a virtual device. (option)
* Each device can be independently configured.
* Location for each device is also stored separately.
* Contains widget for finding where you parked your car.
Automatically adjusts the media volume on Bluetooth connect and resets on Bluetooth disconnect. Automatically captures location information on disconnect so you can find where you left your car. Location can also be triggered when exiting car mode. Includes location widget to find your car. Can configure to also respond to home dock and audio jack as well. Each device is individually configured. Fixes A2DP WIFI stutter with optional auto-WIFI disable on Bluetooth connect. Auto launch app, playlist, Pandora Radio station, or shortcut on connect. Auto connect another A2DP Bluetooth device after first device connects. Read out text messages when connected to a device in the list using audio stream and Text To Speech services (see manual for details).
See details here: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/
Bluetooth devices must be paired to be seen by this app. Pair the devices using Android network settings before using this app for Bluetooth. Please read the manual before using: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/wiki/Manual .
Please post any issues to the issues list on the website. I can only fix problems I know about and I need to know the details of the problems to fix them.
This app is free, open source, and contains no ads.
The "stored location" button will retrieve the location of the last Bluetooth device that disconnected while the service was running. Setting the preference "notify in foreground" and "start at boot" will ensure the service is running when needed. Do not install to SD card if you are using the "start at boot" feature.
A2DP Volume does not initiate the connection to the first device. If you need an app that does get this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=a2dp.connect
The text message reader can be tricky to set up. Here is some help: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/wiki/Reading_SMS
For those who don't use the new features, older versions of the app are available for download here: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/downloads/list
I have no interest in advertising or monetizing this app. Please don't contact me with offers to do so.
Just power Bluetooth on and music starts !
Timbo - 2011-09-25
Simply Brilliant. Perfect for anyone with a Bluetooth hands free kit. I use mine to start CamerAlert every time I get in the car!
Jeyarajan - 2011-10-19
Not supporting Old Blue-tooth 1.2 and 1.1 Spec, Please update
George - 2011-09-08
Shahriar - 2011-09-10
CBailey - 2011-09-19
Feature creep destroyed this app. Keeps my GPS on, even when I tell it not to. Kills my battery fast. Also noticed freezing and weirdness that stopped
vandana - 2011-09-26
Kedrtgh - 2011-08-28
Agnell - 2011-08-15
Wrong app. Sorry
David - 2011-07-13
Works great and as described, could be more useful with screen always on control and music auto-play, maybe features for the future :) - good work
Filed Under: Multimedia