MortPlayer Audio Books (beta)
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.6 (6,241 ) Cost: Free Downloads: 500,000 - 1,000,000
Home screen Widgets as separate download "MortPlayer Widgets".
Also check "MortPlayer Music", which is optimized for music playback, e.g. with several shuffle and repeat modes.
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to http://www.getlocalization.com/MortPlayer_AudioBooks/
- Folder based navigation
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Auto save and restore recent position for each track
- Manual bookmarks
- Separate buttons for ffwd./rewind witch configurable timespan
- Go to given position in track (time entry dialog)
- List of 10 most recent events for each track (where did you press play, stop, got interrupted by a call, activate the sleep timer, ...)
- List of started but unfinished tracks (in bookmark dialog)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
- Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
- Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
- Set the track order for each folder
- Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, ...)
- Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
- Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
- Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
- Alarm clock
- Swipe gestures
- Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
- Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers - even Live Wallpapers)
- Delete and send files
- Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
- and some more, just check the preferences...
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn't stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app's lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in \.MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For "StopService" activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards
Andrew - 2011-10-03
Chris - 2011-09-30
evan - 2011-10-05
Patricker - 2011-08-10
I love this app for playing audio books. It keeps track of your place in as many files as you want and auto pauses on headphone removal
Chris - 2011-09-26
way to go, Mort! An option/feature which I think would be nice is that once a track has played it is erased. On occasion I've lost my place and a track replayed and I wondered why I was experiencing deja vu.
Daniel - 2011-09-16
Does this have 2x speed reading? That's the #1 thing look for in any audio book app but I don't see it in this app. Good app but speed is a must!!
Larry - 2011-08-05
Terrific audio book player. I use it with my A2DP cart stereo over Bluetooth with no problems. Love that it pauses/resumes on disconnect/reconnect.
Pretty good. Could have better usability but works fine. I will keep using for as long as playerpro lacks autoresume for multiple tracks. Go mort!
Karsten - 2011-08-23
der beste hörbuchplayer ever.autolesezeichen,prestart um in die geschichte wieder rein zu kommen...kein lesezeichen verlust,selbst nach ausschalten
Ian - 2011-08-10
CM7 N1. Pointed it at a directory of audio books (m4b files). It doesn't recognize that anything is there and won't play them. Opening the files with the Android Music application works fine. I wish this application worked so I could use cool features like bookmarks, covers, etc.
Filed Under: Multimedia