SPC – Music Sketchpad Demo
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (804) Cost: Free Downloads: 100,000 - 500,000
Mix, record, play and perform your own electronic music with the SPC – Music Sketchpad 2!
It’s the Android app for sampling, sequencing and beat programming on your phone or tablet.
Start producing now: Play loops and sequences with the 16-pad multi-touch enabled main screen and program your own sequences and drum grooves by setting steps and notes.
Upload and manipulate your own loops and sounds or use and mix the ones included in the app or provided for download on mikrosonic's website. Tweak the sounds with the sampler and effects like reverb, phaser and distortion. Record any sound with your device’s built-in microphone.
Optimized for phones and 7- to 10-inch tablets.
If you already use mikrosonic’s popular RD3 HD – Groovebox, loops you’ve created and exported there can also be instantly available to work into your music!
Use the SPC – Music Sketchpad to:
- 16-pad screen mixes loops and sequences
- Remix your tracks in real-time
- Import your own samples/loops in the WAV format up to 24-bit 96 kHz
- Recording of performances in exportable WAV format
- Comes with 2 pre-programmed scenes
- Additional scenes for download at the mikrosonic website
- Pad play options: Loop, One Shot and direct sample play
- Three pad start options: Instant, Next Beat, Next Bar
- Tap Tempo
Program your own beats and grooves
- Full featured drum machine
- Flexible sequencer
- Step sequencer for each of the 16 pads
- Every step sequencer with up to 64 steps
- Individual velocity/accent settings for each step
- Different step lengths from 1/4 to 1/32
Scribble your musical ideas
- 16 tracks with up to 4 variations
- Keyboard for melodic composition
- Sound library with one-shot samples
Record sounds and loops
- Record your voice, instrument or any other sound directly with your device's built-in microphone
- Record one-shot samples with trigger function
- Record loops in sync with quantization and overdub function
- Use the recordings instantly in your performance
Edit your sounds
- Waveform display
- Gain, pan and tuning knobs
- Envelope control with attack and decay
- Reverse, normalize and cut function
- Up to 16 steps volume and pan envelope for loops
- Slicer for recombining loop elements
- All actions in real-time
- Reverb, delay, phaser, filter and distortion
- Freely assignable to each pad
- Real-time controllable effects
- X/Y control field for each effect
- 4 effect sends
- Chaining of 2 effects
- Multi-touch control
- Optimized for phones and 7- to 10-inch tablets
- Special rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
- OpenSL integration for lower latency
- Direct integration of RD3 HD - Groovebox loops
- Integrated browser for loading WAV files from your SD card
- SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration
- File sharing capability
Full version features:
- Save your scenes and recordings
- Live session recording and export
- Android 2.2 or higher
- screen resolution 800×480 (WVGA) or higher
- 800 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7
Please note that version 2 of the SPC is a multiple APK that will start the older version 1.8.2 of the SPC instead of version 2.0 if the Android version on your device is below Android 2.2.
More details at: http://www.mikrosonic.com/spc
Marko - 1969-12-31
to produce tracks on like an MPC, not so much for on-the-fly composing. Overall it's awesome. Lags a bit on my older phone. MyTouch Slide 3G / CM7
F1r3Wire - 1969-12-31
Great app, I'm buying as I want the extra features. But the demo is great as you can see what you get before spending money.
B. Stevens - 1969-12-31
I was actually enjoying trying to learn the program but the nag screen was a pain in the behind do I installed it.
Fred - 1969-12-31
Seems like a cool app, except for the fact that I can never open the app because of an error message I get, I hope there's an update soon...
My Name Says it all - 1969-12-31
This mother fkn app is a waist of my time . You are restricted to turning on buttons on your screen if i could rate 0 stars i would
scott - 1969-12-31
It's so much fun omg me and my buddy spike play for hours
Sergey - 1969-12-31
This is bad, spc,uloops and stuff like that. And gui is just terrible...foooo
Sneakazz - 1969-12-31
Contrary to what people are saying, although there are pre recorded samples they can all be edited, cut, and changed to ur desire. Nice app.
BJ - 1969-12-31
Prerecorded samples that arent very good, no means to actually create anything. Buy Caustic if you actually want to MAKE music.
andu - 1969-12-31
Filed Under: Music & Audio