1862 Jan Am Civil War Gazette
Add to favorites
Rating: 0 (0) Cost: $0.99 Downloads: 50 - 100last 30 days
In addition to this app you need the FREE American Civil War Gazette app.
Once installed, open the American Civil War Gazette app, and from the article list simply browse to any date in January 1862 after that date's 150th Anniversary.
Highlights of the January 1862 Edition:
- Battle of Coosaw River
- Battle of Blue's Gap
- Battle of Cockpit Point
- Battle of Hancock
- Battle of Middle Creek
- Skirmish At Tallow Knob
- Battle of Ironton
- Battle of Mill Springs near Somerset, Ky.
- Battle of Prestonburg
- Battle at Cedar Keys, Florida
- Battle of Silver Creek, Md. (Roan's Tan Yard)
- Biloxi, Mississippi captured without major battle
- Gen. Gideon Pillow (C.S.A.) resigns
- Col. Samuel Colt dies (Colt revolver)
- Gen. Felix K. Zollicoffer killed
- Late letters of Christmas in the camps
- Beauregard is transferred to Columbus, Ky.
- British troops land at Portland, Maine
- British corvette opens fire on the U.S. bark Gazelle
- Trent (Mason/Slidell) affair is resolved
- Seward advocates annexation of Canada to the U.S.
- Simon Cameron, Secretary of War, resigns
- Edwin Stanton is appointed Secretary of War
- Utah prepares for admission as a state
- St. Petersburg marks thousandth year of the Russian Empire
- Tenth President of the United States, John Tyler of Virginia, dies
- First anniversary of January 9th secession of Mississippi
- Merrimac (CSS Virginia) leaves dry dock
- 1846 patent for ether is voided
- Col. Thomas Saltus Lubbock killed (Lubbock, Texas namesake)
- Congressional bill with death penalty for army contracting frauds
Filed Under: News & Magazines