D7 Google Reader Pro (RSS)
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.5 (363) Cost: $1.57 Downloads: 1,000 - 5,000
rss | atom | news | podcast | share
*** If you have changed the startup screen to other than Home, use the top left button to return to Home screen.
A simple, fast and powerful Google Reader client for Android, lets you to access your reading list and manage your subscriptions with ease from a native application, which is always in sync with Google Reader. It can also support listening to podcasts or downloading them for later use. Embedded videos cab be watched in-app if the device supports plugins (enable in preferences).
This is an online reader; no offline reading is supported except the saved articles and podcasts.
*** If you experience any issues with the app, please send an email to the developer. Leaving a lower rating will not give the opportunity for the dev to respond to you (also, you will possibly not change the rating back even when it's fixed) ***
kw: rss atom podcast google reader news feed subscription share newspaper search podcast facebook twitter google
* Much faster than official Google Reader app
* No Lags what so ever
* Google username/password is NOT required
* Multiple account support; switch between accounts on the fly
* Utilizes low network traffic
* Podcast support (download/play)
* Mobilized articles
* Add new subscription directly from the browser
* Search for articles (powered by Google)
* Feed discovery and subscription
* Recommended articles from Google
* Theme support (dark/light)
* (Social) Sharing support (Google , Facebook, Twitter, Email, Pocket (RIL), Readability, SMS and more)
* Home (dashboard)
- Quick access links to different sections of the app
- Reading list/Subscriptions/Starred/Read items
- Recommended items
- Feed search
- Saved items
- Account switch
- Clean and friendly subscriptions and labels/tags management (tree structure)
- Add new subscription (Using search or direct add)
- Remove subscription
- Add/Remove labels to/from subscriptions
- Rename label/tag
- Delete a label/tag
- Search for articles in labels/tags and subscriptions
* Articles list
- Shows the articles in a list
- Filter articles: show all or new items (configure in preferences)
- Add/remove star (use swipe actions, if enabled)
- Mark as read or keep unread
- Mark multiple as read (All items/older than a day/older than a week/older than two weeks)
- Search for articles
- Swipe actions (set in preferences)
- Read It Later support
* Recommended items
- Personalized by Google
- Subscribe to interesting feeds from here
- Express your interest (interested/not interested actions) to help Google fine tune the results
* Article (full) view
- Better mobile readability and user experience (horizontal scrolling is not necessary for most articles)
- Navigate between articles using Nav bar, Swipe or Volume key: set in preferences
- One click add/remove star
- One click Keep-unread/Mark as read
- Share in Facebook, Google , Twitter, Email or SMS
- Add to Pocket/Readability
- Mobilize original article (powered by Google/Instapaper)
- View original article in browser (long click the rss/browser action for more options)
- Open any internal links within the in-app mobilizer (no need to leave the app)
- Save article (rss or mobilized) for offline reading
- listen to podcasts or download for later use
- Support for video playback (enable plugins in preferences)
- Full screen mode (PRO only)
* Saved items
- a list of saved (in sd card) articles
- listen to downloaded podcasts
* Home screen Widget
- Shows unread count
- Refresh interval can be configured
- Does not update when the phone is in stand by (save battery power when screen is off)
* Set clear cache on exit (preferences) to save SD card space
* And many more
Rob - 2011-09-24
Any Samsung users having issues signing in should try downloading the latest firmware from Kies, worked for me :)
Alex - 2011-09-19
This was a good RSS reader up until I upgraded from an Evo 4G to the Epic 4G Touch. Now, it no longer can sign me in. Waiting for dev to email back..
donners - 2011-09-16
Gets better with every update. You can tell the developer uses this app every day.
TMS - 2011-10-02
Most usable RSS client I ever tried.
J - 2011-09-17
1 of the reasons I hadn't ditched my iphone sooner was that I could not find a reasonable replacement for the "Reeder" app--now I have.
Almost There Up'd to 3 stars after last update. Still FC's on some articles. On the dark theme, hard to tell between read and unread. Almost there!!
Mongoose961 - 2011-08-17
Well intigrated and updates easily. Podcasts are downloaded or stored for easy access for long road trips. No longer need 3d party apps for my news.
By far the best RSS reader if you want rapidly sync with Google Reader. Also uses much less main memory than official Google app.
Melon - 2011-08-13
Tried a lot of readers and this is my favorite. Fast and simple to use. New option to open link in mobilizer is great. Awesome job. SGS Vib.
Eli - 2011-08-02
Filed Under: News & Magazines