gReader (Google Reader | RSS)
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.5 (34,648) Cost: Free Downloads: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
gReader is an unofficial Google Reader client for Android. Read all your RSS/Feed news in one place with Google Reader, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email. More on http://greader.co
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://greader.co/faq
* You want to suggest new features or report issues, use the Feedback button.
* Localization If you are interested in translating gReader to other languages, visit http://bit.ly/gr_translate
* Beta: http://greader.co/beta
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.reader
* Google Reader synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Google Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Offline Reading with full article content
* Mark read on scroll
* Podcast support (streaming)
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech)
* Folders / Tags support
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, ...
* Services: Tranlation, Mobilizer
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* Search feature: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and swipe actions: faster access to funtions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Quick actions, Swipe actions
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* Recommended items / sources
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login to Google Reader account.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. User could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
jackal - 2011-09-14
Reach, fully operational rss reader- havn't found better - wypas!
John - 2011-09-14
Newest update had feeds sorted oldest to newest even with setting it differently.
darkcolonist - 2011-09-14
This app has been able to provide everything i need when it comes to feeds. The only feature missing right now is the ability to zoom images.
Christopher - 2011-09-14
Love this reader which syncs with my google reader on the desktop :)
Ed - 2011-09-14
Pyrias - 2011-09-07
Great and beautiful app, will definitely purchase the pro version soon. To the guy saying use official reader: Yeah, no. It is beyond terrible.
Terry - 2011-09-09
I use Google Reader a lot, and this program allows me to always keep up on the latest tech news.
bunnysailormoon - 2011-08-25
Developers are quick to fix problems & it's much better than Google Reader.
poxy - 2011-09-01
On paper this app rocks, but in reality its slow, freezes, articles always perma-downloading, and it hogs net bandwith. Good, but not good enough!
David - 2011-08-29
With Google Reader being Free and not having ads I will not use this. I pay for apps. But with so many great readers available WITHOUT ADS I will pass
Filed Under: News & Weather