Weather, Radar, Alerts, Quakes
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.7 (4,004) Cost: $3.99 Downloads: 50,000 - 100,000
This is the first App in the world with a Hi-Def Radar Widget, Weather Map Widget and an Earthquakes Map Widget.
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android.
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 8 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
R - 2011-09-20
I like this app very much but I don't like the new update that makes the temp white or yellow because on a gray status bar now you can't see it. :(
Chris - 2011-10-05
This Weather app is very informative which helps it to rise above the other weather apps which are also good in their own way but to me this app is the best. I also like the fact that you can get earthquake notifications and weather alerts. I dont really use the radar though. If you are having problems R seeing the temp go to options and then status bar notification options and then scroll to the bottom part and you get the option to change the colour of the temp on the status bar.
Tried a lot of weather apps,once u know how to set and use this one, you'll soon realise its simply the best,even better after update.
John - 2011-09-22
This is the most informative weather app on the market. It's even better than NOAA. I don't know what could improve it. John, LG Optimus
Slibbinas - 2011-09-17
Awersome update!!!! Tablets owners will be pleased. This update gives undetstanding how many apps needs to be adjusted for tablets !!!
Robert - 2011-09-20
Great app . More accurate than my other weather apps . Terrific graphics . One of the best . Big difference with update. Love the radar.
Dave - 2011-09-20
I've used a lot of weather apps and this is easily the best! Many options and nearly everything you could ever need to know about the weather & more!
Sleeve - 2011-09-20
Nice widget, good information. A few tweaks would be nice. (1) put the weather notification into the persistent section, not the clearable section. (2) provide an option to omit + on temp icon in places where temps never go negative.
Kevin - 2011-09-22
Probably the best weather app you will find. Great flexibility in the user interface. Add live wallpaper and i'll give it 5 stars.
The previous version good, the current version is great - Added the radar, now a perfect full suite! Updates fast, app smooth, Intellicast nails it!!!
Filed Under: News & Weather