Add to favorites
Rating: 4.2 (67,856) Cost: Free Downloads: 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
*** Google Docs is now a part of Google Drive! ***
* With Google Drive, you can store all your files in one place, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others
* Use the Google Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
* Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
* Share any file with your contacts
* Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
* Make any file available offline so you can access them even when you don't have an Internet connection
* Manage files on the go
* Create and edit Google documents with support for tables, comments and rich text formatting
* Edits to your Google documents appear to collaborators in seconds
* View Google presentations with full animations and speaker notes
* Make quick changes to spreadsheets
* View your PDFs, Office documents and more
* Upload and convert files to the Google Docs format
* Take a photo of printed text and convert it to a Google document
* Print files stored in Google Drive on the go using Google Cloud Print
* Open files stored in Google Drive through Drive enabled apps in the browser
* Optimized experience to take advantage of larger screens for tablet users, Honeycomb (Android 3.0 )
Brett - 1969-12-31
I love Google Docs, but this App is a shame. It adds minimal advantage over just editing your Docs in a browser. I have some very complicated spreadsheets that I really want good mobile editing ability on and this just doesn't cut it :( Please Google, take some time and make this app actually do some of the interface grunt work, either that or improve the heck out of your mobile docs site!
Alex - 1969-12-31
New document from photo isn't working, and when I try to take a picture after installing it, the camera app won't load. I uninstalled and the camera worked fine. Reinstalled and it broke again. Also, I'm hoping we get the ability to edit styles soon.
Deva - 1969-12-31
Sorry to say, but the current interface is just terrible for anything but viewing documents. Copy one line at a time. No support fo arrow keys. Can't select-and-cut text. Keyboard keeps hiding while I'm typing or navigating. We really need a tablet-optimized google doc and spreadsheet program, but this is not (yet) it.
alexanderofyork - 1969-12-31
Can't move a file between "collections"? Nice albeit late start but and glad to finally have it, but some basic features that everyone else has are missing and others are not up to par with others like CamScanner. Look forward to the updates.
Jake - 1969-12-31
As already posted by others the inability to: work offline delete documents email documents from the app easily edit the documents pretty much make this app of no use to me. As an avid google docs user I was very excited to see this app finally make it onto the android platform, but its still a long way from being dependable.
Matthew - 1969-12-31
This app has a nice clean interface, is pretty snappy and looks very promising for future use. I did have a little trouble syncing my docs upon first use: I had to allow permission to the app through my notification bar. The notice did not pop up immediately upon trying to access my docs. Note: My sync issue is probably related to 2-step verification I use for my Google services.
Sean - 1969-12-31
Buggy. I keep getting duplicates of my docs showing on the list. I still wish there was a directory tree structure for Docs, but I guess Google doesn't think we need or want organization. Pinch zoom doesn't seem to work on HTC Incredible 2 for Docs. It crashed multiple times when trying to star a document. I gave up and am just going to use the website like I do with gmail. It is much more functional.
timtsy - 1969-12-31
This needs the ability to open local files without having to "share" to google docs. It should recognize the file types and give you and option to view/upload to google docs. Also, it needs the ability to browse local files and view/upload within the app without needing the share feature. Also, missing the basic option to delete documents.
Duffin - 1969-12-31
I love you, Google, but I've been waiting forever for this app. While the starting UI is nice, the editor is just the mobile website. I was hoping for more of a "Gmail for Android" type of experience, you know? Custom interface for Android devices and things like that. I'm hoping that by putting the app out, it will encourage you guys to give us many updates to make it look and act more like Gmail does on Android. Once that happens, I'll gladly increase the stars.
Awesome - 1969-12-31
The potential of this app is not yet realised. We need simple features added (like delete document), tablet mode, and offline mode. Still, it's a good start. I look forward to the updates!
Filed Under: Productivity