Add to favorites
Rating: 4.2 (1,408) Cost: Free Downloads: 100,000 - 500,000
Create powerful widgets for your homescreen with Launch-X! *NEW*: STACK and SCROLLABLE widgets!
** NEW ** Check out our latest icons packs for Launch-X, ADW Launcher, Go Launcher and LauncherPro:
- Neon Blue Icons Pack
- Neon Blue Icons Pack
- Paper Icons Pack
- Neon Purple Icons Pack
- Neon Green Icons Pack
The FREE version has some limitations (see at the bottom for more details).
* Fully optimized for Honeycomb/ICS tablets (Android 3.0/3.1/3.2/4.x) - such as Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Acer Iconia A100/A500, Lenovo ThinkPad, ..
* Compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) - Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Launch-X features various customizable configurations to allow very quick access to your favorite applications, contacts or generic shortcuts.
With Launch-X you can maximize the usage of your homescreen space. In fact, instead of having the '4 icons on each row' limitation of the stock Launchers, you can put much, much more in the same space!
There are several configurations options available in Launch-X that let you build a widget that best suits your needs.
Create widgets with multiple screens that contains over 40, 50, 100, or more shortcuts! You can even create scrollable widgets in which you can basically put an unlimited number of items!
Or, if you prefer not to use the multi-screens feature, you can instead keep a more clean single screen with up to 28 items (4 rows, with 7 icons each).
* NEW: Icons packs support - use the tons of icons packs / themes already available for ADW Launcher (EX), LauncherPro and GO Launcher (EX) with Launch-X.
* NEW: Custom icons - you can set a custom icon for each item in your Launch-X widget. It can be an icons pack icon, gallery picture or an icon from other apps that support 'pick icon' (e.g. DroidIcon).
* Unlimited widgets: you can create and configure as many Launch-X widgets as you need.
* Widget sizes: you can choose among several widget sizes (2x1, 4x1, 4x2, ...)
* Scrollable widgets
* Stack widgets: since Android 3.0 you can create stack widgets, in which you can swipe up/down to scroll through screens.
* Items types: the items that can be added to Launch-X are applications, contacts or generic shortcuts. A shortcut for a contact can start a call, send a message/sms or open the contact itself.
* Items order: You can easily sort your items as you want, with simple drag-and-drop.
* Icon size: the available sizes for the icons are "Small", "Medium", "Large" and "X-Large".
* Number of icons: each row can have from 1 up to 7 icons.
* Number of rows: each widget can have from 1 up to 4 rows.
* Screen selection method: you can choose to use the arrows buttons to navigate through screens, or the direct buttons (which allow quicker access to the desired screen). You can also select 'None' to have a single screen with more available space.
* Show/hide items names
* Background/buttons transparency: select your preferred background and buttons transparency.
* Backup/restore: backup your widgets to the SD card and restore them when needed.
Launch-X Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvpczWPQ6M
* Limitations of the FREE version:
- Number of icons in each row: Launch-X Pro allows to have up to 7 icons in each row. The free version up to 5.
- Number of rows: Launch-X Pro allows to have up to 4 rows in each screen. The free vers. is limited to 3.
- Number of screens: In Launch-X Pro you can have up to 7 screens. Launch-X Free is limited to 2.
- Background opacity: In Launch-X Pro you can hide the widget background by setting the opacity to 0%. The free version has a minimum opacity of 60%.
- Number of items: Launch-X FREE is limited to 35 items per widget.
Zach - 2011-03-15
Works great... just wish that I didn't have to pay to make the background clear on the widgets. Other than that its cool. EVO 4G
nickc06 - 2011-06-11
Alana - 2011-06-24
Would give 5 stars if i could change the icon other than that would be an awesome app!!
sergey - 2011-06-13
Doesn't work on SGS2, widget only takes 2/3 of the screen width, if will be fixed definitely got potential
heskzilla - 2011-04-18
Nice app, would benefit from being able to edit icons and search for favicons, facebook and others show up as a default icon on my xperia x8
I hid slot one and idk how to put it back!! Pls help someone! Anyone!
M - 2011-04-01
Looks like a cool app, but needs 2 many permissions. This app shouldn't need 2 make phone calls !
Tom - 2011-04-21
Great organises all my apps on the homescreen. . Would be good if there were vertical widgets eg. 1×4. :)
Harryanto - 2011-08-14
Angi Long - 2011-06-04
Can only add 1 contact @ time, painfully slow. Only 2 or 3 letters show w/ea icon. Can't nest folders. SiMi & Smart Shortcuts are both better.
Filed Under: Productivity