Add to favorites
Rating: 3 (218 ) Cost: $9.99 Downloads: 10,000 - 50,000
WritePad features 4th generation handwriting recognition technology which supports practically any handwriting style, including cursive (script), print, and mixed. The software analyzes pen strokes written in the designated WritePad area, then converts those pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to the target application. While many handwriting recognition tools for smartphones and tablets leave users frustrated with the app’s inability to correctly interpret their handwriting, WritePad’s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn the user’s style of writing.
Key WritePad features:
- Advanced multilingual handwriting recognition engine supports 11 languages, including Danish, Dutch, English (UK and US), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Swedish, and Spanish.
- Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user’s own handwriting style.
- Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
- Editable user dictionary to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with autocomplete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with a single touch of a button.
- Four basic recognition modes: cursive/mixed or print for general text entry; Numeric for entering numbers and phone numbers; and Internet for entering email addresses and URLs.
- Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as "22.3 15.66=" and WritePad will calculate the result.
- Letter shape selector allows users to further improve recognition quality by disabling unused letter shapes.
WritePad Handwriting Recognition Tutorial:
WritePad User's Guide:
Mark - 2011-05-19
The writing text entry is very good. But the virtual keyboard is where this app fails. The keyboard is buggy and quirky. FlexT9 is a better choice.
scott - 2011-05-12
It needs to automatically input the word after You write it. I hope the recognition software starts working because right now it sucks.
Donnita's Library - 2011-04-24
really like the app! wish they had a demo version before taking the plunge and spend $10.00. I am using the app with a stylus and it works great!
JPh - 2011-04-03
Great way of entering text into my Android. Find it really helpful. It may take a while to get ''the hang" of it ... my advice - stick with it
Eric - 2011-03-31
Best writing program out. Great customer service which means their stuff is only going to get better. It's time for them to bring PhatPad to android.
oliver - 2011-04-28
just about impossible to use, especially as left handed, even with boxwave style. Refund after 15 minutes not long enough to try out fairly
Dale - 2011-04-10
Works perfect Windows version, to hard to write in small area with or without stylus. I used Phatware Calligraphy for 5 years on Win. UNINSTALLED APP
Pierre ProLanguageTraining - 2011-10-13
ExEXLREMEtTnot satisfied Doesnot work. I solelyBoughtanandroid &Samsung gal.S2 because I thought this program worked.
Jordy - 2011-09-11
Little did I know, so after I sent them my money, I discovered the darn thing doesn't work on a gtab. A slow response to my support request confirmed this, insuring that they get to keep my $10.00. You guys may be growing Phat on your customers money, but you will never see any of mine again.
Quentin - 2011-04-27
May as well use it as a second keyboard only without spellcheck. The hand writing is slow and doesn't recognize anything well. Waste of money.
Filed Under: Productivity