Add to favorites
Rating: 4.2 (127,823) Cost: Free Downloads: 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
The Kindle app puts over a million books at your fingertips. It’s the app for every reader, whether you’re a book reader, magazine reader, or newspaper reader—and you don’t need to own a Kindle to use it. Choose from over a million Kindle books from the Kindle Store or enjoy popular magazines like The Economist and Reader’s Digest with high-resolution color images.*
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
Loreto Es. - 1969-12-31
@ 146MB total mem used, there's plenty to spare in my 32GB Asus Transformer. I'm a Kindle app diehard and had been buying my Kindle ebooks since Dec of 2010. Love the new highlighting enhancement that allows you to see the texts covered by the fingertips during the text selection process.
TurboFool - 1969-12-31
Confused by the reviews below mine. This app supports App 2 SD just fine. Just moved it without trouble.
Francius - 1969-12-31
C'est très intéressant sur mon HTC MyTouch4G, je commence à goûter avec mes amis haïtiens de sa saveur. C'est très intéressant. Tous mes amis haïtiens l'aime. Merci.
craig - 1969-12-31
I don't know what people are complaining about-yes,it's a big app, but when you moved it to the sd card,it only takes 3 mb!Great way to read my books!
Darryl in - 1969-12-31
but after adding and removing books, app data keeps increasing instead of decreasing. 4-star app down to 2 for this bug.
Jeff - 1969-12-31
TIME TO DUMP AMAZON SHARES BEFORE CHRISTMAS RETURN SEASON IS OVER! Bloatware, update moves app. from 4 to 25mb. It is a thoughtless move...
Cindy - 1969-12-31
Great, but they need to have the option to turn the backlight of the phone buttons off. It makes reading at night very difficult.
Great app but the the memory used by the latest version has jumped to about 30M and is still 16M when moved to SD. Last one as 'lite' vers please.
Robeco - 1969-12-31
I was suprised to find how readable Kindle books were on the mobile using this app. The intuitive interface gives a smooth Kindle experience.
Aaron - 1969-12-31
I was having a problem updating so I decided to uninstall and try to install fresh. Now it will NOT install at all!! I keep getting a not enough memory error and package error! And I KNOW I have enough memory on my phone!!Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Filed Under: Reference