Russian <-> English dictionary
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.1 (191 ) Cost: $24.99 Downloads: 5,000 - 10,000
Talking Slovoed Deluxe English-Russian and Russian-English dictionary includes 99,000 entries and 102,000 audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
The most reliable dictionary content from the world’s leading lexicographers.
The NEW Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
• Enter a query into the input field and Slovoed will automatically build a list of entries containing your query, increasing the probability of finding the right definition.
• Find precise word translations containing a number of usage examples.
• Because Full text search supports the Morphology module and ‘Did you mean…?’ function, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling or grammatical word form.
• Additionally, Full text search displays search results (dictionary entries) in both language directions at once without the need to switch directions manually.
Convenient search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways.
∙ General search
∙ New! Full Text Search
∙ New! Search for anagrams (bat-tab)
∙ New! Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
∙ Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
∙ Similar words search in case of misspelling
Translate and input features
• Three integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software, search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to Slovoed.
• NEW! Translate unknown words or phrases from any application like the web browser or email using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to a dictionary directly and get translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• FBReader supports Slovoed dictionaries! Enjoy the most comfortable in-app translation from any book or document in EPUB, OEB, FB2 (.zip), mobipocket (mobi), RTF or plain-text format without the need to switch applications or access the Internet.
• The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
• NEW! Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making Slovoed a must-have for any language scholar!
• Word of the day widget.
• NEW! Improved interface design with easy-to-access navigation and search field makes dictionary use simple.
• NEW! Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• NEW! Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
Paragon Software joined the Open Dictionary API Alliance, a unique resource providing the access to premium dictionary content for all members of the Alliance. Join us at http://dictionary-api.org and enjoy the opportunity to enrich your apps with a high quality.
dictionary, dictionaries, translate, language, translation, English, Russian, словарь, перевод, язык
Sergey - 2011-08-03
Do not start after update. Asks to download data to SD, while it's downloaded to phone memory already.
Vadim - 2011-08-09
Christian - 2011-05-17
I like it. A lot of words and very quality pronunciations. My favorite feature is a word of day - very helpful
Casey - 2011-05-28
Seems good, but the download links for both the morphology and audio modules don't work on my incredible or in a browser. Wish I hadn't paid for it.
app_eater - 2011-05-17
Helen - 2011-05-17
Nikolai - 2011-02-02
Unable to install dictionaries on Galaxy S Froyo. Downloaded em on PC, transferred em to Galaxy into the directory as instructed, yet not recognized.
Elena - 2010-11-27
A very good dictionary. Very pleased. I actually prefer it to the Oxford Dictionary. I used both for a couple of weeks and decided to buy this one.
Steve - 2010-10-07
john - 2010-01-06
Search by voice English words works OK, but translation to Russian is only in written form. Don't know why the audio playback is only IN ENGLISH!
Filed Under: Reference