Seesmic (Facebook, Twitter)
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (155,188) Cost: Free Downloads: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
Seesmic for Twitter and Facebook is one of the first and continues to be one of the best Android apps to manage your social networks in one place.
Find out why millions have downloaded Seesmic since day one and experience a powerful and yet simple interface.
With Seesmic for Android, view and update your Facebook and Twitter accounts all at the same time. Share photos, videos and take advantage of the Android shortcuts for direct access to your @ Replies from one of your Twitter accounts, or access your feeds from one of your Facebook pages and much more!
To get an ad-free experience and an enhanced feature, we offer Seesmic Pro for Android, still available for an introductory price, but will end soon!
With Seesmic, you'll find all you need with the following:
* NEW! Mute feature! Remove messages from your timeline based on content (from Twitter, Facebook) or Twitter @usernames (with autocomplete to help you select the right twitter user).
- Full integration of Facebook, including managing and posting to administered Facebook pages
- The best Twitter client on Android, with all the features you need in a simple but powerful interface
- Add a widget so you won't ever miss a single update, from any service.
Other features include:
* Multiple Twitter accounts support
* Cross-posting to multiple Twitter accounts and your Facebook account at the same time
* Configure notifications for new messages
* Preview photos of messages from Instagram, Twitter, Twitpic, picplz and more
* Full Twitter search capabilities
* Share photos using Twitter, Twitpic, MobyPicture, yFrog or Lockerz
* Share videos using YouTube, yFrog or Twitvid
* Geotagging to add location to your messages
* Access and view your Twitter List timeline
* Ability to Retweet natively and with Comments (Old Retweet)
* URL Shortening using Bit.ly, J.mp, Tinyurl or Goo.gl
* Twitlonger integration for longer tweets
* Conversation thread view for public conversations
* Add shortcuts to the home screen for direct access to the composer, Twitter accounts, searches, lists, and Facebook pages
* Add a widget to view updates from any service
* View the latest Trending Topics on Twitter under the Twitter Search interface
* Autocomplete – Forgot a Twitter username when writing a message? Begin typing with the "@" and view a list of twitter usernames to make sure you have the right person!
To support further development for Seesmic for Android, we've implemented ads in a few of our timelines. To get enhanced features and an ad-free experience, we offer Seesmic Pro for Android, temporarily available for an introductory price.
Lookout for more features, coming soon!
Richard - 1969-12-31
Very very good app. Best Twitter client on Android hands down. Also brilliant that I can check both my personal FB page & also my business page too!
Kapilan - 1969-12-31
Great Twitter Client, but Facebook could be improved with groups feature. Where's the pull down to refresh UI? With it, this is the best.
estelgrace - 1969-12-31
I'm a long time user of Seesmic. I just love it! Now if only it included Google+ too (get on with the times!), i would give it 5 stars.
Caroline - 1969-12-31
I love this app. If it had a function to accept new follower requests & to change the colour scheme then it would be 5 Star perfect! Thank you :)
Chris - 1969-12-31
It's not very useful to me for Facebook if it won't even show who is "liking" things or showing notifications. Would also be nice to show a combined view of my feeds. I also don't like the way I have to go into the menu to change accounts - should be a one-touch function, not three touches. It's actually fewer touches for me to just hit the back button and open the Twitter app than to switch accounts in this app.
Krista - 1969-12-31
Seesmic is rock-solid. It has never crashed on me to-date, unlike TweetDeck which does so constantly. That said, a couple of features I'd like to see: 1. Ability to add a tumblr column, like you have with the desktop client. 2. More consistent status bar notifier. Sometimes update notices are really late.
Richard Day - 1969-12-31
A great idea I just wish it would allow you to combine all the accounts into a single stream. Also, background updates seem to have stopped updating!
Zach - 1969-12-31
Easy to update everything. Facebook contact sync would be nice though so I could get rid of the Facebook app. Also I can't find how to use places.
Bert - 1969-12-31
Nice and slick interface. Love the automatic image resizing. Would be cool if twitter+Facebook timelines could be combined
Quinn - 1969-12-31
Great app! Tried seven different twitter apps before finding someone that got it right!
Filed Under: Social