Add to favorites
Rating: 3.8 (1,738) Cost: Free Downloads: 500,000 - 1,000,000
Whether you’re out with friends at a party, walking outdoors with your headphones on, or just hanging out with the radio on, the SoundTracking app now allows you to easily share your favorite jam. Beginner tip: start by posting your "Song of the Day" or what music is "Now Playing".
* Capture and share the music moments in your daily life with your friends and followers.
* Find and follow your friends who are using SoundTracking by connecting to Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare.
* View these shared music moments from other people, and if you like the song, play it back in full using your Rdio or Spotify app.
* Use the Music ID feature to instantly recognize what song is playing on your phone or around you on a speaker
* Search for the song by artist name and title in our huge song database, if you already know what song is playing.
* Add your own photo or an artist/album image.
* Tag your location (Neighborhood, City or Venue) to your post.
* Share your posts to friends on Facebook and followers on Twitter.
* Check-in a song at venues using the Foursquare integration. A music location check-in!
* Let your friends know how you feel about their music moments by liking, loving and commenting on their posts.
* Be a DJ, express yourself and see what your friends and followers think of your music choices.
* See what songs and locations are trending and becoming popular.
* Browse and follow suggested users including music artists, DJs and other interesting soundtrackers
Matt - 1969-12-31
I love this app but it doesn't seem to like to play nicely with my Galaxy Nexus. Crashes occur when I try to share my posts to any of my connected social networks. Also it's only able to recognize music directly from the Music app and no longer from the Spotify app. Both were working perfect on my last phone, guess it's an issue with ICS compatibility? Otherwise great app!
Erik - 1969-12-31
Took forever for the Droid App to release, but was well worth the wait. Even let's me soundtrack quickly through my Notification Bar. A Widget would be great though, just saying.
Ed - 1969-12-31
I love how the app prompts me to share music I am currently listening to and allows me to share it to my networks nearly instantly, but it is almost unusably buggy on my Galaxy Nexus. Will uninstall for now and probably be back in a couple months.
Apollo - 1969-12-31
Used to love this on my iPod, and now it's finally on android! Install now if you're a big music fan, its surprisingly addictive.
Deep - 1969-12-31
I like very much that the app can link to my Foursquare (and Facebook) accounts, as you can tag songs from where you are..trés cool...Would like to see what else can be done with it.. Update 4 January: Ok for whatever reason, I can't post anymore with the app...I hit the 'post' icon, and it just does nothing...can't post to Foursquare nor can I post to Facebook...what the hell.. I am using it on my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
McLeod40 - 1969-12-31
I like it, but would be better if it took last played songs from winamp rather then default player
jose - 1969-12-31
it won't go past the pick a name for yourself screen..wth? this just sux please fix
Ed - 1969-12-31
Poor song identification. Force close when I want to post something after identifying songs. App sometimes don't respond after clicking "Soundtrack This". SGS2 I9100G.
Kristen - 1969-12-31
mary ann - 1969-12-31
could've been a great app if it really lets you post! i can't even post anything! it lets me fill out the artist/song, photo, location, & description but then it just sits there & i can't see a post button or something anywhere.. very frustrating. gonna uninstall it right now, sorry.
Filed Under: Social