Add to favorites
Rating: 4.7 (76,656) Cost: Free Downloads: 5,000,000 - 10,000,000
Guarding you against costly Internet overages.
3G Watchdog data counter monitors your Mobile Internet (4G/3G/Edge/GPRS) data usage, shows a status icon (green/orange/red) in the notif bar and a detailed report page. Widget (2 sizes). And much more!
- Should NOT be installed on SD card (run as service)
- DO NOT USE version 0.30.0, please UPGRADE to 0.30.1 or greater!
* KNOWN PROBLEMS:
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself.
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide. Same workaround as for the Galaxy Tab (see above).
* HTC Velocity 4G and HTC Vivid on ICS: be sure to CHECK the "Use pre-froyo.." option in 3GW Settings > Advanced, or mobile usage won't be counted.
* [Aug 2011] Crashes reported with Motorola Quench/ CLIQ XT since 0.30.0, please use older versions.
Harriet - 2011-09-27
This app told me I had used 750mb when I had actually used 1gb. I went over my monthly bill by £7. Not great.
John - 2011-08-27
Dane - 2011-09-03
Just got an email alert from AT&T that states I have gone over my 2gb data plan. 3G Watch Dog is only showing 1.83gb. Last day of billing cycle. :(
Daniel Huang - 2011-09-14
Great concept, but it never counts my usage accurately. Always shows about 20 percent lower than actual usage
Matthew - 2011-09-26
Widget sizes suck. I downloaded this for the widget. The 1x1 widget is absurdly small and the 2x2 widget would easily fit in a 2x1 slot and wastes tons of screen. Fix please. I can't comment on accuracy yet. HTC Desire w/froyo
CJ - 2011-10-04
Just to say it does what it says it's going to do.. I find knowing what my data allowance it upto I can relax, sit back and enjoy my phone....
Dave - 2011-09-19
3rd month of only counting half my usage. #FAIL Giving up and uninstalling. Not worth the grief. Carrier doesnt offer data usage messages or real time reports. Every phone I ever owned before android gave me a usage counter, why cant they build one in? Moto Milestone (Original) w/ CM6.1
Eric - 2011-09-04
App seems to work well. I wish it would track 4G data too though.. Is '4G watchdog' in the works?? ;)
Abs - 2011-09-04
Stopped workin after 2 months and very innacurate in the 2months it was actually countin the usage! Uninstalled! Samsung Galaxy s!
Bomb - 2011-09-20
Filed Under: Tools