avast! Mobile Security
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.7 (179,356) Cost: Free Downloads: 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
Remote cell phone tracker/locator and malware protection (with USSD blocker).
Highly recommended by Android authorities, AV-Test, PCAdvisor, Techworld, and now over 10 million users worldwide!
AndroidAuthority: “The best just got better… nothing comes close”
Android and Me: “The best anti-theft solution on the market”
AndroidPolice: “basically anything you would want should your device get lost or stolen”
Droid-Life: “it doesn’t get much more extensive than this”
PCAdvisor: “your first port of call when looking for a security product”
• Antivirus: Scans installed apps and memory card content on demand and new apps upon first use.
• Privacy Report: Scans and displays access rights and intents of installed apps.
• Anti-Theft (hidden component): Gives you remote control via SMS or Web (cell phone tracking, activate siren, memory wipe, etc.).
• Network Meter: Measures incoming/outgoing data transfers.
• Web Shield: Scans each URL that loads and warns you if it’s malware-infected. Includes USSD blocker.
• Widget: Gives you control of the app from your Android desktop.
• Web Interface: Provides remote control of anti-theft features (cell phone lock, GPS tracking, memory wipe, etc.).
• SiteCorrect: Automatically fixes mistyped URLs.
• Shield Control: Advanced settings for app, web, and messages scanning.
• UI Design: Great readability on Android cell phones and tablets.
• SMS/Call Filtering: Filters out particular contacts that you select.
• App Manager: Lists apps and their sizes (MB), CPU load, memory used, etc.
• Battery Save: Runs only when performing tasks.
• Firewall (works on rooted phones only): Serves as gatekeeper for network
• Available Languages: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
Learn more: http://www.avast.com/free-mobile-security
Remotely control your phone after install at: https://my.avast.com
Reets - 1969-12-31
Software seems to be pretty good so far. No issues. Would be nice if the WebShield worked with Dolphin browser but this is a beta and it also might not be up to Avast if Dolphin has no way to do this in the browser. Mainly used the firewall so far and definitely works. Did a virus scan and nothing found.
Rifaz - 1969-12-31
Awsome application. It workz well. Love it. I use avast for last couple of years n my pc...! So now on my phone as wel.
jason - 1969-12-31
Slow and doesnt scan apps during installation or at least it doesnt say theyre clean unless manually scanned. Whats the point?
Орлин Кънчев - 1969-12-31
Not only for computers but now for mobile devices too! The best anti-virus out there for sure, a must have app! I know have it on my Desktop, Laptop AND Phone :) 5 stars, cuz no bugs detected and working flawlessly on HTC Wildfire.
Terrell - 1969-12-31
Having traveled abroad around SE Asia I've had the unfortunate pleasure of testing Avast in the field on my laptop and in internet cafes. Avasts always catches dozens upon dozens of viruses and had never once let me down or compromised my security. Glad to have them finally covering my butt on my mobile too.
Mr.Impartial - 1969-12-31
MB - 1969-12-31
Integration with CWM is stunning. Although don't fully understand why disabling the notification icon gets a warning from the app?
Tom - 1969-12-31
You guys are good. I use avast on my pc, paid. The functions are familiar and unwanting of more. Feels as good as having root access. For those posting poor reviews try the pc version to become familiar with the network controls.
moni - 1969-12-31
I expected this to be yet another cheesy app with minimal functionality & OS integration, which is the sort of product you usually get from big companies who've never worked with Android before. This app is only in beta phase, yet it went well beyond my expectations. It looks like the developers really know what their doing and are very familiar with the OS and its root advantages. The Anti-Theft system is very promising and isn't just there for the sake of it. Keep up the good work! My suggestions: In the future it'll be nice if WebShield would work with Dolphin and Dolphin Mini. The firewall feature is a bit confusing. When you block all apps, shouldn't the icons of all the individual apps change so that we're able to add exceptions.
Michael - 1969-12-31
Root anti-theft seems broken with recovery image method. errors out Status(0) with EDIFY and AMEND isn't supported, on g2x with cwm 5 running CM7
Filed Under: Tools