Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (95,641) Cost: Free Downloads: 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
ANDROID'S LEADING COMPASS APP
Featured in “Best Android Apps, The Guide for Discriminating Downloaders”, published by O’Reilly Media, Compass by Catch.com is the most popular compass app available.
NEVER GET LOST
Compass view with location display and geo-tagged notes lets you not only steer in the right direction, but view maps and keep notes of the places you visit.
REMEMBER IMPORTANT PLACES
• Save your favorite places (home, work place, school, restaurant, shops, etc.) or even your car location. Navigate back to them later with Google Navigation.
• Capture and view your location-based notes in your area using the free Catch app.
CHOOSE FROM MULTIPLE COMPASS TYPES
Compass is a free app that includes 5 basic compass types
• Antique dial, direction names adjust for user's language.
• Outer dial can be manually rotated, green inner dial shows direction name in user's language, crisp pointer movement with no overshoot.
• Red section shows magnetic compass information including direction, magnetic field strength and declination. Green sections show GPS-based information including direction of movement, speed, altitude, and accuracy estimate. Pitch and roll indicators.
• Red outline on black styling for easy reading in low-light conditions.
PREPARE FOR ADVENTURE
Now Compass offers premium compass themes with a simple in-app purchase. Choose from among our Urban Hiker, Space Cowboy, Sea Navigator and Special Ops themes, or buy all four for one low price.
• Hand points up, compass dial rotates underneath it. Shows direction and latitude/longitude below the compass. Paper texture and city skyline background.
• Shows magnetic compass information including direction, magnetic field strength and declination. Also shows GPS-based information including direction of movement, speed, altitude, and accuracy estimate. Pitch and roll indicators.
• Digital camouflage background.
• Outer dial can be manually rotated, inner dial points north with slight overshoot, "moving" direction below compass.
• Inner digital direction indication with finely-marked outer dial. Dial movement is crisp. Latitude and longitude below compass.
Internet permission is used only for Google Analytics so we know which features are used the most and where to improve. There is no unique identifier tied to your usage, and your data is not shared.
Note that this app relies on the mobile device’s magnetometer so accuracy may vary.
Sanjin - 1969-12-31
Compass functionality seems to work well, even without GPS and data connection. I like the different available skins, especially night one meant not to impair night vision. But with v2.1.1, unless you really need geo-tagged notes, don't click on the notes icon - it will prevent you from using the compass until you reboot your phone! Unfortunately, even actually installing Catch Notes doesn't help here (LG Optimus-T)
James - 1969-12-31
Always sets orientation to portrait. Therefore shows E where N should be, coz tablet has N at top of long edge! Uninstalled. Works perfectly on my phone device, & is the leader for this use.
Dulcie - 1969-12-31
Nice to have just in case. But u really need to trust it works, I mean it IS a computer and not the real thing.
Michael - 1969-12-31
This app is extremely useful as much as it is cool. Highly suggest downloading.. A+ Mjc
TW Burger - 1969-12-31
Perfectly good install and operation. The only flaw is the lack of GPS display of longitude and latitude.
Patrick - 1969-12-31
Compass looks great but my home address is way wrong.......not even close unless you consider bulls-eye as a 25 mile radius. The full internet access is troubling too. Sometimes companies go down the wrong road and have to make updates just to look like they are doing something. An app like this doesn't need that so hopefully they will update it again and remove all that baggage.
Don - 1969-12-31
Compass points due west on both my Xoom and Photon. Calibration does not correct it. Identifies location well.
Jason - 1969-12-31
Originally installed to orient my weather station. But, recently, I used it on a hike to identify intersection points, make sure we were oriented correctly and to provide elevation information. Worked extremely well.
Mo - 1969-12-31
Handy little app. Seems to be fairly accurate. Great for locations when city walking and works in the car, too. Have yet to try on a wilderness hike.
Curtis - 1969-12-31
Cool compass does its job. If you need help knowing n,s,e,w then get this app. You can change compass for fun
Filed Under: Tools