Dr.Web Anti-virus Light
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.7 (100,324) Cost: Free Downloads: 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
Protect your mobile device from viruses and spam with a popular anti-virus from leading Russian anti-virus vendor Doctor Web, whose acclaimed products first appeared on the market in 1992.
The application does not affect the operating system performance, and — more important — does not reduce the battery life. You can use simple and handy desktop widgets to access the application.
Dr.Web anti-virus Light uses the unique algorithm to detect malware – Origins Tracing™ for Android – which allows detecting the new virus families using the knowledge database on previous threats. A unique record is created for each malicious program and describes the behavior algorithm of this sample. This provides the efficiency of detecting new modifications of the whole virus family and significantly reduces the size of virus databases.
Dr.Web anti-virus Light key features:
– Constant anti-virus protection and threats neutralization. The anti-virus check of the file system is carried out by file monitor SpIDer Guard, which scans in the real-time mode all the files being saved in the device memory.
– On demand scanning is carried out by a specific component – scanner. Dr.Web anti-virus Light allows to perform quick and full scan of the file system or scan only critical files and folders.
– Quarantine. The detected threats can be deleted or moved to quarantine, where you can review the detailed information on the threat.
– SD-card protection from contamination by autorun files and Exploit.Cpllnk, which represent a threat to Windows.
– The small size of updates for virus databases allows to save the traffic and your money if you are using the limited mobile tariffs.
– Detailed statistics on the anti-virus operation.
– Two handy widgets to choose from to manage the anti-virus protection (sizes 1х1 and 4х1).
Helga - 2011-10-16
Took my Atrix 6:25 mins. to do a full scan. I have 75 downloaded apps at the moment. 85 music files. Audio books plus video files. Will rate later.
Jon - 2011-10-05
Avg 17/20 Bitdefender 19/20 Norton beta 0/20 Drweb 20/20 Tested 09/2011 See tests yourself on YouTube.com
jose - 2011-10-05
If your looking for an application that would keep all viruses and dirty bugs from making your phone run slow this is for youuuu lmao
John - 2011-10-08
6 min 6 sec. Motorola Atrix. If it takes that long there is something wrong. It has also found something once.
amanda - 2011-09-30
I love app it helps phone run better. It also checks my downloads. Great app.
Chivalry Sky - 2011-10-16
Good, smaller and uses up lesser memory (RAM) compared to Lookout, but the scan part is seriously... Took my xperia arc 29:59 to run a QUICK scan...
Wanda - 2011-10-02
I Love this app I did a lot of reasearch and this anti virous app is one of the best. It only took 3 min to scan my HTC Droid lncredi ble
1st full scan, time taken 2h30m12s! and still scanning files?!?
Chase - 2011-09-30
Very good software. I've trown every test virus at it and got every one. I would give it five stars, but am leaving room for the unknown.
Nathan - 2011-09-29
47min to detailed scan phone and SD card. Atleast it was more detailed than the others.
Filed Under: Tools