Add to favorites
Rating: 4.6 (353,171) Cost: Free Downloads: 50,000,000 - 100,000,000
Translate words and phrases between more than 65 languages using Google Translate for Android. For most languages, you can speak your phrases and hear the corresponding translations.
With Google Translate you can:
• Translate text between 65 languages
• Translate by speaking the text instead of typing it (17 languages)
• Use camera to take a picture and brush text to translate (available on Android 2.3 and above).
• Listen to your translations spoken aloud (40 languages)
• Communicate with another person using speech-to-speech translation in Conversation Mode (ALPHA, 14 languages)
• Display translations in full screen mode to make it easier for others nearby to read
• Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
• Access your translation history even when you’re offline
• Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc..) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
• View additional dictionary results for single words or short phrases
• Push the handwriting button and simply write what you want to translate
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish
D - 2011-08-30
Translated words & sentences in Spanish very well & includes other meanings. Also translates text messages. How Cool is that?!
jesus - 2011-09-29
I am bilingual, but sometimes I forget certain words in my native tongue and this app... SWEET! Google, you guys ROCK!! Keep up the awesome work!
John - 2011-08-24
Perfect! Helped me out alot! Helped me translate a Spanish text on my cheating ex's cell. THANK-YOU TO THE DEVELOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laelski - 2011-09-13
Love love this app. It's not the fastest-running app, which is why I only gave it 4 stars. The speech-to-text feature is great.
Maksims - 2011-06-08
Very very useful! Can't live without it! BIG thanks for SMS Translation function! ;-) Xperia X10i
Grayson - 2011-05-08
Text works pretty well. The problem is the speech recognition, it didn't pick up a single word I said. Also picture translation would be awesome.
aimee - 2011-08-12
Love it but you could do mardarin and cantonese instead of chinese traditional and simplified. Also I would love a welsh speaker then it'd be perfect
Olivia - 2011-04-20
You guys have done an excellent job on the revisions. Pronunciation key and text to speech are perfect. No more Bonzi Buddy. Exactly what I asked for.
Catherine_Ford - 2011-08-08
I've tried several of the translation apps & this one was the best. I'd like to see a vocal translation for ALL of the languages.
Will - 2011-08-18
So far great with typing & speaking. I haven't tried a conversation yet. The voice speaking back is digitized, but very recognizable.
Filed Under: Tools