Norton Security and Antivirus
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.4 (77,668) Cost: Free Downloads: 5,000,000 - 10,000,000
Norton™ Mobile Security Lite protects your mobile device against loss, theft and malware. Norton lends its anti-malware, anti virus, and security expertise to mobile. Your life and your important Stuff is on your phone. Keep it safe with Norton™ Mobile Security Lite for Android.
FREE ANTIMALWARE PROTECTION that eliminates viruses and malware before they infect your phone:
• Automatic antivirus scan for downloaded apps and app updates to protect against threats
• Detects and removes mobile security threats cybercriminals use to steal your personal info, spam you with texts, or take control of your phone
• Option of scanning SD card (Secure Digital) data for threats when inserted into your phone with advanced virus protection
REMOTE LOCK allows you to remotely lock your phone if it is lost or stolen:
• Remotely place a security lock on your phone with a simple text message so thieves can’t access your info or run up your bill
• Protects your private information from prying eyes in case your device is lost or stolen
ALWAYS FAST and easy to use, Norton Mobile Security Lite won’t slow you down:
• Download and install your security app with just a few clicks
• Seamlessly checks for any updates available every week for the most up-to-date protection
• Won’t use up your phone’s resources or slow down your web browsing
• Won’t drain your battery life
Upgrade to the full version for NEW additional, essential security features including:
ANTI-THEFT AND ANTI-LOSS PROTECTION allows you to remotely locate, lock and wipe your phone if it’s lost or stolen:
• Find my Phone - Phone Locator! Norton can help you locate your missing or lost phone using GPS tracking and return a location using Google Maps
• Enable an instant SIM lock on your phone if the SIM card is removed to prevent a thief from using another card
• Remote wipe your phone of all data in the case of loss or theft – make sure no one can access important information about your identity, your contacts, and possibly your banking credentials and hard-earned cash
• NEW! “Scream” locator lets you send a text to your missing phone that sets off a “scream” alarm, so you can find it fast
WEB PROTECTION provides a privacy guard that helps protect your personal information:
• Blocks fraudulent and phishing websites created by cybercriminals to obtain your personal information that could be used to steal your identity
CALL BLOCKING AND TEXT BLOCKING allows you to have peace of mind (and peace and quiet) on your mobile device with powerful spam blocker features:
• Block calls, block numbers, and block text messages to block spam, and keep your phone safe and secure
Protect your identity, your personal life and your peace of mind with Norton Mobile Security. Trust the brand you know to keep you safe.
Android™: 2.2 or later
Android™ 2.2 with 1.8 MB of storage
Works with Android™ phones and tablets
Keywords: phone locator, phone locate, anti virus protection, antivirus for android, antivirus free, phone lock, free security apps, security lock, security alarm, malware protection, block calls, block numbers, block text messages, block sms messages, block sms and calls, call blocker, remote lock, lookout mobile security, privacy guard, anti theft alarm, find phone, phone finder. Competing apps include: avg, lookout, netqin, webroot, bitdefender, mcafee, eset, avast, trend micro, and kaspersky
nick - 2011-09-17
Works great. But, I will not pay the $30 plus dollars for it. Sorry...
JimG944 - 2011-09-11
Tried to Upgrade to Full version, transaction failed. Now trapped in can't upgrade due to pending transaction. Norton Tech Support totally useless. One week of sending them the same information and not a single suggestion nor fix. At least I didn't lose any money.
Amanda - 2011-09-29
For $30 plus tax, I expect a lot more from Norton. McAfee is the same price and includes on-line contact back-up. Submitted my refund request today.
Peter - 2011-08-31
To recover your initial investment, maybe you should lower your subscription price to $20 and review it after 12 months. I'm sure it would be a winner
woakesie - 2011-09-11
Doesn't actually do what it says. Installed and when I tried a test locate it claims I got the password wrong. FAIL
Eric - 2011-09-13
Now, into the 7th month, it is a pay program that disabled protections w/o $30! It found NO attacks in 7 mo's in the log. Worth it?
evilmaniac - 2011-09-03
29$ for an sms filter that can't block senders by name. Must have phone #. Waste of money.
Megan - 2011-09-15
IDK bout how good this app is. Lookout Security and Mobile Defense does the same job n its free whereas Norton wants $30. Uninstalling. Droid
Doug - 2011-09-19
Good program but $30.00 a year is way to much for a Android app. $20.00 for two years I'll buy it.
Tripp 17 - 2011-10-02
I've always trusted Norton for security and antivirus,I use it for my PC. I highly recommend them for android aswell.
Filed Under: Tools