Corsica Offline mappa Map
Add to favorites
Rating: 5 (1) Cost: $0.99 Downloads: 100 - 500
The offline mappa map helps you make the most of Corsica and surrounds with a POI database built in.
mappa is an interactive local map that you preload into your smartphone to avoid expensive data charges at home and when you are travelling. No more fighting with out-of-date paper maps! Just pack a mappa in your phone and go!
mappa is easy! Just go to the app store, choose the mappa map you want, install and you’re done!
Whenever we make updates to the app and map, you get these for free and can be automatically updated in your smartphone. mappa uses OpenStreetMap which even TomTom recognises as the most up-to-date and most detailed source of maps for city guides.
This is the mappa map for Corsica (French: Corse) which is an island and region of France in the Mediterranean Sea.
A mountain in the sea, Corsica is also called Island of beauty. Tourists can enjoy the sea (beach, scuba diving, sailing) and the mountains (hiking, also the famous GR 20). Most visitors come to Corsica in the summer months, and particularly in August.
There are four airports on the island: Ajaccio, Bastia, Calvi and Figari (next to Porto-Vecchio). It's advisable to rent a car when in Corsica, as the public transport is very poor. There are only 3 train lines connecting the major cities, the rest is by bus - which at most leaves twice a day!
Corsica has many walking trails, including the GR 20, perhaps the best known and most difficult of all the Grande Randonnée trails. Corsica has excellent beaches. Beside sunbathing and swimming almost every beach offers opportunities to snorkel. Some more popular beaches will rent windsurf boards and kite-surfing boards. Scuba diving is available, particularly at popular beaches near islands and in major towns. Expect to pay around €45-60 euros for a one hour dive.
Once the sun goes down, many people stay on or near the beach, enjoying gelato or one of the many beachside bars and restaurants
mappa has great features:
* Simple. No geeky features. It’s a map!
* Show and share your current location.
* Vector data means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file.
* Easy to install and easy to use. One download, just what you need at your fingertips, very intuitive.
* Install once and go – no extra data traffic required – ideal if you are travelling abroad and need to avoid nasty roaming data charges.
* Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail.
* Vector map technology means fast installation, minimum space needed on your phone or tablet and super detailed zooming. This also leaves the maximum space for your photos, MP3s and videos.
* Point Of Interest database built-in. Search a dozen categories including, of course, restaurants, bars and hotels, but also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops.
* You will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
* Search for Points of Interest is built-in – no need to go online. Compare this with Google Maps!
* Vector data based on OpenStreetMap – this means more detail and less storage – compare this with the other OpenStreetMap apps!
* Coverage is focused on important places worldwide, not just Europe and USA. Compare this with Skobbler!
Follow us @
offline maps for London, Bangkok, Paris, Mallorca, Singapore, Hong Kong, New York, Dubai, Rome, Madeira, Seoul, Barcelona, Dublin, Crete, Cyprus, Greek Islands, Athens, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Istanbul, Madrid, Amsterdam, Prague, Corsica, Canaries, Corsica, Moscow, Beijing, Vienna, Venice, Thailand, Mexico, Los Angeles, Benidorm, Berlin, Rio De Janeiro, Sicily, Bruge, San Francisco, Orlando, Miami, Munich, Milan, Sydney, Florence, Las Vegas, Tokyo, loads more...
Filed Under: Transportation