Robin, the Siri Challenger
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.1 (2,899) Cost: Free Downloads: 100,000 - 500,000
Need quick answers on the go, hands-free? Robin is your voice assistant for local information, GPS navigation, communication and fun! And she'll help keep your eyes on the road and off your perfectly-formed phone. Voice in, voice out.
Users say: “After trying Speaktoit, Vlingo, AIVC Pro, Iris, and Skyvi …Robin is the best voice app of its kind; clearly the best choice for drivers in need of information on the road.”
** Endorsed by TechCrunch, CNET, Wired, Lifehacker, etc. **
Ask Robin for directions & local places, parking & traffic, your Facebook & Twitter news, gas prices & weather, reminders & alarms, text messages & jokes and much more.
Robin is a personal assistant that can be both useful and fun, constantly learning and adapting to you. She'll even call you whatever names you want! Just tap the microphone button, and Robin will be all ears. Even after launching other apps, Robin is still there for you - just "wave hello" twice in front of your phone’s upper edge (or brush/tap it lightly).
Compare to voice apps such as Siri, Nuance, Dragon Go, Vlingo, Evi, Voice Actions, VoiceSearch, SpeakToIt, Iris, Skyvi, Text by Voice and other personal assistants, as well as GPS navigation such as Waze, Telenav, MapQuest, Navigon, Garmin, TomTom, MotionX, Yelp, etc.
• Robin is currently in Beta, she's still a student. But that also means you can watch her intelligence evolve daily and even get to contribute a little. Come be a part of the experience!
• Gesture activation: normally, you just need to wave your hand twice close to the top edge of your phone. For best results, we recommend using the "double-brush" gesture, where your hand actually touches the phone lightly. Certain devices require specific tuning - we are working down that list as we speak.
• Permissions: Robin will never email your contacts without your knowledge! It does need a permission to access you calendar for reminders reminders, and to your GMail in case you want email narration – that’s all. The wording Google Play uses can be misleading.
• Trouble with a particular location? Missing point of interest? Any issue at all? For best results, give your feedback to Robin right from within the app, so we have more information to actually fix the issue ASAP. See what people say about our speed to address reported issues.
QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? COMPLAINTS?
Email us (see below) or submit feedback to Robin right in the app. You can also contact us on Twitter @robinmagnifis, or on Robin’s FB page!
Examples of useful commands
• Where is the nearest Macy's?... Can I park there?
• Find Thai restaurants in SF... How about French?
• Find a burger place ... Does it have a good rating?
• Where can I park?
• Find cheapest parking around Union Square
• Anything closer/cheaper?
• Can I reserve it?.. Let’s go there!
• Go to 1234 Lombard San Francisco
• Get me to Getty Museum
• Directions to Hollywood and Highland
• What is the traffic like near Hollywood?
• Where is the cheapest gas in Santa Monica?
• What's the weather like in San Diego tomorrow?
• Is it snowing in Moscow?
Facebook & Twitter
• Read my Twitter feed
• Update Facebook
• Remind me to exercise tonight!
• Tell me a joke!
Keywords: voice assistant, voice recognition, magnifis, siri, assistant, virtual assistant, siri for android, artificial intelligence, voice to text, text by voice, traffic, navigation, kitt, valet, driver, parking, directions, voice navigation, local search, Yelp, butler.
Filed Under: Transportation