Crete Offline mappa Map
Add to favorites
Rating: 3.4 (9) Cost: $0.99 Downloads: 100 - 500
The offline mappa map helps you make the most of Crete, Greece and surrounds with a POI database built in.
mappa is an interactive local map that you preload into your smartphone to avoid expensive data charges at home and when you are travelling. No more fighting with out-of-date paper maps! Just pack a mappa in your phone and go!
mappa is easy! Just go to the app store, choose the mappa map you want, install and you’re done!
Whenever we make updates to the app and map, you get these for free and can be automatically updated in your smartphone. mappa uses OpenStreetMap which even TomTom recognises as the most up-to-date and most detailed source of maps for city guides.
This is the mappa map for Crete (Κρήτη / Kriti, occasionally spelled "Krete" in English), the largest of the Greek islands and is in the Mediterranean Sea between the Sea of Crete and the Libyan Sea, south of the Peloponnese. Crete is approximately 260 km long and 60 km wide. Crete consists of four prefectures: Chania, Rethimno, Heraklion and Lasithi.
The following cities are included on the offline Crete mappa map: Heraklion (Iraklion or Candia) — the largest city with the archaeological highlight Knossos; Agios Nikolaos — the capital of Lasithi; Chania (Haniá) — largest city of the western region; Chersonissos (Hersonissos) — blissful harbour town in winter, party capital of Crete in summer; Elounda — a small fishing town on the Elounda Bay with the abandoned Spinalonga Island; Hora Sfakion — tiny capital in the southwest with white houses and the ferry to and from the Samaria Gorge; Ierapetra — the southernmost city of Europe with some nice beaches; Malia — crowded tourist mecca popular mostly with young (especially British) travelers; Rethymno — this interesting town is mostly popular with families.
mappa has great features:
* Simple. No geeky features. It’s a map!
* Show and share your current location.
* Vector data means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file.
* Easy to install and easy to use. One download, just what you need at your fingertips, very intuitive.
* Install once and go – no extra data traffic required – ideal if you are travelling abroad and need to avoid nasty roaming data charges.
* Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail.
* Vector map technology means fast installation, minimum space needed on your phone or tablet and super detailed zooming. This also leaves the maximum space for your photos, MP3s and videos.
* Point Of Interest database built-in. Search a dozen categories including, of course, restaurants, bars and hotels, but also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops.
* You will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
* Search for Points of Interest is built-in – no need to go online. Compare this with Google Maps!
* Vector data based on OpenStreetMap – this means more detail and less storage – compare this with the other OpenStreetMap apps!
* Coverage is focused on important places worldwide, not just Europe and USA. Compare this with Skobbler!
Follow us @
offline maps for London, Bangkok, Paris, Mallorca, Singapore, Hong Kong, New York, Dubai, Rome, Madeira, Seoul, Barcelona, Dublin, Crete, Cyprus, Greek Islands, Athens, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Istanbul, Madrid, Amsterdam, Prague, Corsica, Canaries, Corsica, Moscow, Beijing, Vienna, Venice, Thailand, Mexico, Los Angeles, Benidorm, Berlin, Rio De Janeiro, Sicily, Bruge, San Francisco, Orlando, Miami, Munich, Milan, Sydney, Florence, Las Vegas, Tokyo, loads more...
Filed Under: Travel & Local