GPS Status & Toolbox
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.5 (45,406) Cost: Free Downloads: 5,000,000 - 10,000,000
Displays GPS and sensor data: position and signal strength of satellites, accuracy, speed, acceleration, altitude, bearing, pitch, roll and battery state.
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the video below :)
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
Tony - 2011-09-07
Love this app. It fixed the GPS issue I was having with my G2x and now I get a signal lock in less than 10 seconds! An easy 5 stars.
Morgan - 2011-08-27
Simple yet detailed, intuitive yet powerful. Perfect. I have "GPS Essentials" too, but almost never use it since downloading this app.
Graham - 2011-08-26
Ans - 2011-09-25
After updating to gingerbread on nexus one the GPS did not work well. Now after updating to Android 2.3.6 and resetting the A-GPS through this app, the GPS is lightning fast and finally works again. Tracking apps like Endomondo and the like are working again as well.
Adam - 2011-08-24
I give it 5 stars because it fixed my "Searching for GPS" issues almost immediately on my HTC Inspire. Worth a try for sure.
jon - 2011-08-23
Fixed my non functioning Google navigation in seconds flat! HTC thunderbolt
Michael - 2011-08-03
if this doesn't work, check antenna cable. using car dock flexed the nexus1 & dislodged connection. easy fix. this app is awesome!
benjamin - 2011-09-29
This app will help ur gps. My would not work at all. After using the tools I was able to obtain 8 satellites.
Billy - 2011-08-26
Does what it says.. Its free. And it made my gps, lighting fast on my thunderbolt!
Francesco L. - 2011-10-07
I successfully used the 3.7 version but after upgrade to 3.8.1 my Zte Blade could not obtain a gps fix in reasonal time, affecting google maps too. This problem is similar to that happened with gmaps 5.8 so I simply restored the previous version thanks to Titanium Backup. Hope it helps.
Filed Under: Travel