Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (4,439) Cost: Free Downloads: 100,000 - 500,000
OsmAnd (OSM Automated Navigation Directions)
OsmAnd is an open source navigation application with access to a wide variety of global OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data (vector or tile maps) can be stored on the phone memory card for offline usage. OsmAnd also offers offline and online routing functionality including turn-by-turn voice guidance.
Some of the core features:
- Complete offline functionality (store downloaded vector or tile maps in a selectable folder)
- Compact offline vector maps for the whole world available
- Download of country or region maps directly from the app
- Overlay of several map layers possible, like GPX or navigation tracks, Points of Interest, favorites, contour lines, public transportation stops, additional maps with customizable transparency
- Offline search for addresses and places (POIs)
- Offline routing for short distances (experimental)
- Car, bicycle, and pedestrian modes with:
- optional automated day/night view switching
- optional speed-dependent map zooming
- optional map alignment according to compass or direction of motion
- optional lane guidance, speed limit display, recorded and TTS voices
Limitations of this free version of OsmAnd:
- Number of map downloads limited
- No access to Wikipedia offline POIs
OsmAnd is actively being developed and our project and its further progress relies on financial contributions to fund the development and testdriving new functionality. Please consider buying OsmAnd , or funding specific new features or making a general donation on osmand.net.
Chris - 2011-06-10
Search to the street when offline! Works perfect! Tiny vector maps! ALL of TX, ALL zooms, was only 90 mb to SD! So much more is here too its worth a $
Amit - 2011-08-04
we in india its doesn't support Left hand drive country. so big issue while taking turn rest work well.
Michael L - 2011-07-26
after downloading map data, continues to try to get data off the net, or shows holes in map.
Daniel - 2011-07-29
Great sw on SGS2! The paid or nightly version is incredible. Found address in Helsinki (new Faunatar shop) which is not yet on G-Maps and TomTom! :-)
Ramona - 2011-06-26
on LG gt540: just incredible! Beautiful software. tested yesterday in Helsinki when my car's TomTom 730 didn't boot anymore. Reached the party :-)
Hans - 2011-08-28
Lots of problems. Widely unintelligible settings. Nearly unusable map download. (Learn this from MapDroyd.)
Sepero - 2011-06-12
To use offline: Settings>Map Appearance>Map tile source>Vector OSM maps, And Download Maps: Settings>Data for offline use. Should be less complicated!
denigood1 - 2011-07-09
phandroid - 2011-09-07
I managed to easily download OpenCycleMaps (unlike Orux and Locus). Despite it seems to use network (updating?) they are really offline at all zooms.
Filed Under: Travel