Add to favorites
Rating: 4.6 (252 ) Cost: Free Downloads: 10,000 - 50,000
After you have installed the app please go to Menu -> Settings, look over the available settings and configure your Preferred Metra rail line to get the most out of this app. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
If you enjoy the app please feel free to rate it, add a comment and tell your friends about it.
• Integrated Metra "Rail-Time Tracker" service.
• Automatic backups and restores of settings.
• Ability to view the fare (cost) of your trip.
• Intuitive method to favorite a route.
• See ALL the stops for a specific trip.
• Offline viewing of train schedules for present and future dates.
• Add favorite routes.
• Find nearby stations.
• View upcoming departures nearest to you.
• Get directions to stations from your current location.
• Search for stations and Metra rail lines.
• View and filter Metra service advisory alerts based on your preferred Metra rail line and have them pushed to your device daily.
• Pull to refresh the Metra service advisory alerts.
New features in v2.0
The layout and structure of how content is relayed to you has drastically changed in this release. The home or "main" screen is now a user navigable screen that flows from the left to right and right to left just by swipe of your finger. You'll be presented with 4 different pages: Nearby, Upcoming, Lines and Favorites.
* Nearby - provides a list of all the stations nearby you. Simple right?
* Upcoming - uses the preferred Metra rail line that you've configured in your settings and any favorites saved to intuitively decide the best and most relevant departures from your nearest station.
* Lines - provides a list of all the Metra rail lines.
* Favorites - is the home to all your saved routes.
More on "Upcoming" screen...
* If you would like the Upcoming screen to use your favorites as well in order to determine the upcoming departures please check the checkbox "Filter upcoming departures" in the Settings screen.
With this update, I've made certain actions that were "hidden" in context menus of Ride Metra 1.x easier to get to in Ride Metra v2.x.
* You'll now be able to lookup schedules on different dates by clicking on the calendar icon in the action bar of the home screen.
* Clicking on the map icon next to the station names will take you over to your default Maps app.
* You can now favorite a route by simply pressing the star icon of a given route.
If you are experiencing issues please feel free to send me an email at email@example.com describing the issue and I'll try to have it resolved as soon as possible.
Justin - 1969-12-31
This app gets you accurate information fast and easy, and is reliable. Best metra app, use it to commute every day. Love being able to see full sched
Kristen - 1969-12-31
Will only show me 3 train times based on the current time, can't look at trains for later on to plan ahead
Yolanda - 1969-12-31
I love this app. Now I don't have to carry the paper schedule.
Brian - 1969-12-31
This App is awesome! You can't get a better App for Metra and on top of that it is Free! You can check all the service alerts, which I do twice daily on my way to/from work. You can also view all Metra schedules and even view which Metra stations are closest to your current location. Definitely a must for all Metra riders!
Sanj - 1969-12-31
Never have to fudge with the website. It always knows where I am.
PMay - 1969-12-31
Very easy to use, looks great, and simply works!
Motive - 1969-12-31
This app is the best in the market. It's up to date and accurate. I recommend this app than any other. The favourites feature is also great!
Josh - 1969-12-31
UI is clean and easy to use. Love the option to filter alerts. Would love to have the ability to choose multiple preferred lines to include all my relevant lines in the alert and next departing filters. Thanks for the great app!
Kelsey - 1969-12-31
Love the new UI. I commute on 2 lines daily and this makes my life much easier.
155 - 1969-12-31
I love how this app just works quickly and automatically. It's a great app. I've played with the other Metra apps and this one is the best.
Filed Under: Travel