Trimble Outdoors Navigator Pro
Add to favorites
Rating: 4.4 (679) Cost: $4.99 Downloads: 5,000 - 10,000
Change the way you explore. Trimble Outdoors Navigator is a GPS navigation and mapping app for all your outdoor and backcountry adventures. View more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada, as well as aerial, terrain, street and hybrid maps. Mark waypoints, capture photos and video and store all your trip info on the Trip Cloud, a wireless service that allows you to access your trips on any device.
This app is BEST FOR: GPS route finding; map and compass navigation; offline topo maps; recording trips like hiking, camping, paddling, ATV riding, offroading
** START WITH GREAT MAPS **
• View five different map types: streets, hybrid, aerial, topo and terrain.
• Take your maps anywhere. Save maps on your Android for offline viewing in far-flung places without the need of a cellular or data signal. Just preview the maps you want before you leave for the trip.
• Get exclusive and enhanced topo maps from MyTopo. Access more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada that are seamlessly stitched together for fast and easy viewing. Topos scales are 1:24K in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska and 1:50K in Canada.
• Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types on your phone.
• Get worldwide aerial images on your Android phone. Our app gives you rare access to view and store offine aerial imagery from Bing maps.
** POWERFUL NAVIGATION TOOLS **
Digital Compass: Navigate with digital compass. Choose between: Magnetic North and True North.
Waypoints: Mark waypoints like trailheads, summits, important turns, and campsites on to the map. Add names and detailed descriptions. Go to previous marked waypoints too.
Tracks: Track your route on the map.
Goto: Use the Goto feature to navigate from your current location to a waypoint.
Coordinates: Match your latitude/longitude or UTM coordinates to your paper map or GPS device. Supported map datum: WGS84 and NAD27.
Guide Trips: Use trips previously recorded by you or others to help guide you on the trail, on remote backroads, and more.
** CHRONICLE YOUR ADVENTURE **
Capture Media: Take geo-tagged photos, videos and audio clips of your trip
Stat Tracking: See 10 adventure stats, such as distance, speed, elevation and more
Share with Friends: Share your adventure on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and TrimbleOutdoors.com
Trips: Access to thousands trips around the U.S. and Canada
** SAVE TO THE TRIP CLOUD **
Register a free account to save your outdoor trips to our Trip Cloud. Benefits include:
• Store and backup unlimited trips. Never lose files again.
• Auto-sync trips between your computer, Android and iPad.
• Enhance trips from Trimble Outdoors Navigator with FREE map tools at trimbleoutdoors.com, including .gpx import, geo-tagged photos and videos, turn-by-turn routes and more.
• Open trips in our iPad trip-planning app, Trimble Outdoors MyTopo Maps.
• Share and exchange trips with the Trimble Outdoors community or privately between outdoor friends.
** LEARN MORE **
Visit our website and check out thousands of trips submitted by the Trimble Outdoors community. Click over to: trimbleoutdoors.com.
Feedback Wanted: Found a bug? Want a new feature? Drop us a line on our Facebook page, facebook.com/trimbleoutdoors.
Note: Trimble Outdoors Navigator is designed for Android phones, not tablets. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ron - 2011-02-03
Now works great on Samsung Moment v2.1 with the update! Back to 5 stars. My faith in Trimble support is restored. AWESOME APP! Great job updating!
Mark - 2011-04-22
Great app and great customer service, upload problem fixed with quick email conversation
Steven - 2011-09-02
Very rough program. Has all kinds of glitches. Has some promising features but not ready for prime time. Waste of money!
Dan - 2011-02-27
Gees not as good as I thought. Or maybe the Droid isn't, as good as I thought. Lots of phone lock ups and and have to forceclose
Gordon - 2011-08-23
Not updated often. Screen size not right on high res screens. Locus much better program.
UnAnonymous - 2011-03-02
Program is a true beauty. Helps for everything espicially Geocaching, Hiking, Fishing, and Skiing. Thanks
volk - 2011-06-12
UI relatively poor. No download/manage maps tool. No option to prevent screen from shutting off. Weird data on recorded maps. Replaced with locus pro
Ben - 2011-05-21
Should have a free trial version. Ui is poor. Guide alerts should be full screen until tapped OK. Txt to speech for nav would be great.
john - 2011-04-22
Greg - 2011-03-05
Filed Under: Travel