Add to favorites
Rating: 4.3 (6,431) Cost: $0.99 Downloads: 50,000 - 100,000
AccuWeather Platinum users love it for the reliable weather forecasts and vibrant features, and because it is completely ad free. They describe it as “brilliant” and the “best weather app for Android.” The “interface is cool” and they “love the details and graphics.”
Weatherproof your day with these popular features:
• Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States.
• For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms, you will see an orange exclamation point displayed within the location’s current and 15-day screens.
• Exclusive Lifestyle Forecasts showing how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
• Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
• Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
• Social media sharing so you can share your location’s current conditions, hourly, or 15-day forecasts using the social media apps you installed on your phone.
• Customizable color themes.
• Optional home screen displays two-day forecast with severe weather warnings, and time clock. Home screen widget can be enabled through your device’s operating system.
You also get the accurate, local weather forecasts and customization you expect from AccuWeather:
• Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Forecasts updated each hour with information for the next 15 days – all in 27 different languages.
• Current weather conditions updated every hour with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Status bar on the home screen displaying the current temperature for your current or home location.
• Ability to store an unlimited amount of locations, with up to 10 saved as Favorites.
• Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
• Available across Android operating systems, including Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean.
Download AccuWeather Platinum and start experiencing the most accurate and local weather forecasts available without any advertising!
chad - 1969-12-31
Works great have paid weather bug this looks so much nicer and easier to use
Andrei - 1969-12-31
Slow and a bit buggy on my Galaxy Nexus. Will refund and repurchase when it is fixed.
RyStar - 1969-12-31
David - 1969-12-31
Very nice! Would love to see widget customisation, such add transparency.
Josh - 1969-12-31
This is the best weather app I have ever tried. I hunt and golf a lot, so I depend not just on a daily forecast, but HOURLY forecasts. This app shows a very long range for the hourly forecast, not just a few a hours. Each hour shows you the change in precipitation, wind, humidity, and of course temperature. Loading the radar is also quick and works well. The widget on the home screen is clean and shows what I want to see. I can find absolutely nothing wrong with this app and would have gladly paid twice as much for it.
Filed Under: Weather