Control Your Computer Remotely Using RDM+ Android App
SHAPE, the same company which brought us the popular IM+ Android app has just released their latest undertaking – RDM+ Remote Desktop Android app. As the app’s name suggests, RDM+ lets you access and control your computer remotely right from your Android phone. By control, it means that you can practically do most of the tasks that you can on your computer including – emails, editing documents, web surfing, managing files and more.
To use the app, you need to download and install the RDM+ Desktop application on each of the computer that you want to access and control using your Android phone. After both the desktop and this Android apps have been installed, you will be asked to register for an account whereby an access number will be assigned to your computer. Fire up the Android app and you will need to add the computer that you want to access by entering the access number. In a short time, your desktop’s screen will be displayed on your Android phone and you can pretty much do whatever it is that you want to do.
The app works both on Wi-Fi and data connection. While the app works pretty well, speed of reaction on the Android phone will depend on the speed of your network. But what’s commendable about this app is the way it mimics your computer’s screen. While screen transition maybe a bit slow, the thing is that every movement or changes on your desktop’s screen are easily captured and reflected on your Android phone.
Here’s a quick rundown of the things you can do with this app:
- Direct mouse control: left click, right click, double click, drag and drop, scrolling. Tap and double tap work as click and double click. Pinch to zoom in/zoom out.
- Support of standard Windows and Mac hotkeys and ability to create custom hotkeys combinations for various operations with your computer
- Unique data compression algorithms decreasing data traffic while keeping fast application performance on 3G / Edge / GPRS connection
- Direct text input and easy text editing
- Shutdown, Log off, Restart commands
- Landscape/Portrait mode
- Free technical support by SHAPE Services team
RDM+ Remote Desktop Android app is available now from the Android Market for $9.95. It supports Macs running on Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7 Lion, and Microsoft Windows 2000 to Windows 7.
Filed Under: Articles