Gmail for Android gets pinch-to-zoom and 4.2 features in latest update to the app
For those of you who are using the Gmail Android app on your devices which is not yet running on Android 4.2, Google has an early Christmas gift. The Gmail Android app has just been updated to a new version and along with the update are some great new features including pinch-t0-zoom gesture which was introduced in Android 4.2.
The update which should be compatible with Android devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich now lets you zoom in on email using simple pinch gesture. Additionally, the new Gmail app also lets delete or archive emails with swipe gesture. Both of these were the major features of Android 4.2. The update also lets you add photos and videos as attachments inside the Gmail app.
Other new features of the Gmail Android app include:
- Auto-fit messages to screen and message zooming
- Swipe messages to archive or delete
- Attach photos and videos from within Gmail
- Larger photo previews and gallery view for photo attachments
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Filed Under: Articles