Spotify Android App Updated, Now Streams Music Faster
The updated version aside from making the app load faster also brings in a new user interface to the Android app which also lessens the app’s strain on your phone’s battery. The app also now lets you select where you want to save cache tracks, that is whether you want the tracks cached on your phone’s internal memory or to a memory card. The app also enhanced connection stability when you’re phone is on Wi-Fi connectivity.
Other new features of the Spotify Android app include the following:
- Faster startup time
- Improved battery life
- Enhanced volume control
- Support for media buttons and audio focus APIs introduced in Froyo.
- Voice search fixed
- Scrobbling issues fixed
- Bug causing missing cover art for local files fixed
- Failing to sync with locked screen fixed
- Music starting by itself after a phone call has been fixed
- Other stability and performance improvements
Spotify Android app is available as a free download from the Android Market. To use its many features, you need to subscribe to a premium account, though.
Filed Under: Articles