The Google I/O 2012 Android App out now on Google Play
Google I/O 2012 is just around the corner and as you’d expect the official Google I/O app has recently landed on Google Play. Can’t afford to take the trip to the conference or couldn’t get a ticket? Time to rejoice as the Google I/O 2012 app will help keep you informed of what’s crackin’ at the conference.
If you don’t know what the Google I/O conference is then you probably stumbled into this article from an Apple site or are just getting into Android. I/O is “the” Android event of the year where Google lays out its plans for the future, shows off new goodies, makes exciting announcements, and gives everyone that’s lucky enough to attend some awesome free swag. Here are a few highlights of the app…
- View the conference agenda and edit your personal schedule
- View detailed session, code lab, and speaker information, including speaker bios, photos, and Google+ profiles
- +1 sessions right from the app
- Get a reminder a few minutes before sessions in your schedule are due to start
- View your schedule on your Android 3.0+ device’s home screen using an app widget
- Play back “I/O Live” session video streams on your Android 3.0+ devices
- Automatically sync sessions in your schedule to your Android 4.0 device’s calendar
- Beam session details from your Android 4.0, NFC-enabled device to another using Android Beam
In a nutshell, this is the app to have if you’re interested in the big event. If you’re going to the conference you’ll need it, and even if you’re not the Google I/O app will still keep you in the know, but you’re still screwed on the free swag from the conference sorry. If you want to check it out you can pick up the Google I/O 2012 Android app on Google Play for free.
Filed Under: Articles